Sunday, November 15, 2009

my first job

many many years ago i was a babysitter. babysitting was my first unofficial official job back in HS. i truly enjoyed it. i had a few "regulars" and watching the kids were always so much fun. thankfully it is a job i have never gotten rid of. i now have the opportunity to babysit my friends babies. i'm very slowly accepting that my friends kids will have to be the closest thing to having my own kids. so when a friend asks me to babysit i say "absolutely!".
tonight i had the pleasure to watch my friend Sarah's 15month old daughter Chloe. We had a lot of fun.
We had a yummy dinner.
We made raspberries.

As the night went on Chloe really starting missing her Mom and kept going to my kitchen where the door is to go out to the garage, which is the door where Sarah made her exit. As I was trying to distract Chloe and was grabbing toys and putting them in my living room, Chloe walked back to the kitchen where I thought she went to go stand by the door.
.
. .
. . .
. . . .
. . . . .
....when i went to go find her, she was sitting in my cabinet trying to close the door on her. It was sad, but mostly cute. I'm not too sure why she chose to go in there and sit, but seeing the moment was precious.

It was a fun Sunday night!

4 comments:

fotobug said...

What a cutie pie!

Nikki said...

She's adorable!

Emily said...

What a good friend! Sometimes it's nice to baby-sit because the kid gets to go home to mom and then you get to sleep ALL NIGHT. Enjoy it! :)

Anonymous said...

Yes, cherish all the precious moments.

Love,
Mom