Thursday, February 26, 2009

Ask and you Shall Receive

My computer is having major problems and I couldn't post last night after I went to the gym. So let me start by saying that I didn't go to the gym today, I went yesterday. And wow, how things can change in 24 hours! After recent weeks of feeling so alone, I all of a sudden have a very busy streak ahead of me! And to be honest my main concern in all of this, is this "life" is going to interrupt my workout schedule. And I feel a little bit sad about that. But let me give you a rundown of my week.

Monday - my friend Michelle texts me asking me if I can take Friday March 13th off from work, so she could come see me this weekend. I say "ya!".
Tuesday - she books her flight! So I will have a visitor in two weeks!

Jump to today. I'm at work, my friend Brisa emails me, saying that she'll be in Albuquerque the weekend of the 21st, and will be having a baby shower on the 22nd! I was worried we would miss each other because the weekend of the 27th I'll be visiting my cousin Nikki in Austin/College Station, TX. But now I can do both. So I'll most likely be in Albuquerque the 3rd weekend in March.

Jump to tonight, me sitting on my couch eating dinner. I get a call from my friend Shaun. Him: "What are you doing tomorrow?" Me: "Working?" "What time?" "Well I worked late today, so I hope to leave at 3pm" "When do you go in?" "8" ....pause "Why?" "Well I'm flying in for Ayla's(his niece) birthday and I was hoping you would be my date. Can you call in sick?" "No." "oh." "But I could call my boss and see if I could leave early." And well before you know it I have a house guest this weekend! And just like that I have to clean my house! So well that's what I've been doing.

In case you weren't following here is the break down
This weekend: Shaun here
In two weeks: Michelle here
In three weeks: I go to Albuquerque.
In four weeks: I go to Austin/College Station.

As you can imagine when I got that text from Michelle on Monday, I was elated! I felt so blessed to have something to look forward to. And now life just seems to be happening all around me!, and I am so thankful. Just like that Hotel April is open! I seriously have the greatest friends, who have perfect timing. I love to feel loved <3!

3 comments:

Emily said...

April, that is so exciting! I am THRILLED for you. Have SOOO much fun.

Nikki said...

whoa! Buckle up, you're going to be busy. sounds like fun, especially cuz i am on the list. woo hoo!

Anonymous said...

yes, indeed, you are so loved.

Look forward to seeing you.