Saturday, February 21, 2009

Happy Birthday Kari!


Kari & I ~ July 2007 in Denver
Happy Birthday Kari! I'm so lucky to have Kari in my life. Not only is she a great friend, but she happens to also be family. We are cousin's. The fact that we are family adds a completely different element to our friendship. She gets me is so many ways! I'm so thankful she is in my life. It take a special kind of relationship to be family and friends. I think to be a friend with someone you are also related to, it takes more work, because you want to keep that friendship. Kari and I work very well together at our friendship, and I am grateful for that.
  • She truly wants the best for me, as I do her.
  • She's been up to Denver a handful of times since I've lived here, and always gives me great advise.
  • She always makes me feel comfortable in her home, and her family is just awesome! She has a lovely husband who is a Rock Star, and two boys that are amazing.
  • We can complain about our Mom's and still understand how much we love them, and don't know what we do without them.
Our friendship first started when she got married and moved to Seattle, WA. ...weird how some relationships don't grow until someone moves away. After moving to Seattle she had her first son Riley. Once Riley was born I was going to Seattle every year. And that is really where it all started. She is now one of my closest friends. We can truly talk about everything! I look up to her in almost every aspect of my life.
Happy Birthday Kari! Cheers!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww...April! That is sooo nice of you to say. I will always be there for you. I love you much and cannot wait for my trip up there!

Love Kari

Nikki said...

Cousinly love...it's a wonderful thing. Yes, Kari, happy birthday !!! I think you guys are both wonderful, and I am happy to be related to you!!! Post pictures when Kari visits you. I really like the picture you posted here. You both looks so pretty.

Anonymous said...

Yes, post updated pictures.

We all count our Blessings 'cause we are blessed.

Hope Kari had a great Birthday.