Friday, February 6, 2009

Date with Denver


So you know that episode of Sex and the City where Carrie talks about living in New York is fabulous because you can go out on a date with the city? Well I had a date with Denver on Wednesday night. It was a lot of fun, I went to eat downtown at a diner called Sam's No. 3, then I went to go see "Chicago"~the musical. I really enjoyed it. Whenever I go see a play in my head I critique it. In HS I was in drama and we had to two critiques a semester. We had to write about the costumes, if the play started on time, and if the audience was courteous.
The costumes were barely their! Very small pieces of clothing, but it did fit the atmosphere of the production. The actress of "Mama" I thought could have had a little bit more attitude. But Queen Latifah is hard to follow. I loved "Roxie", she was fabulous, and very funny. I loved the set up of the stage. The orchestra was actually part of the stage, and had their own character in the musical. My favorite part was when they sang "Cell Block Tango". Loved. It.
It was a great night, out on the town! Sometimes I have to remind myself that this is where I live. In Denver. That I live in this city. The Denver Performing Art center downtown, is beautiful. Their are probably 8 to 12 theater's in this facitlity.

2 comments:

Emily said...

how FUN! I would love to do that sometime!

Anonymous said...

So wonderful that you got to see this play.