Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Miracle on the Hudson

So back on Thursday January 15, 2009 a plane crashed in the Hudson River in New York City. I bring this up for two reasons.
One; I want to use my blog as a way to document things that happen around me. This event was historic because everyone survived. I remember seeing the images on the TV thinking "whoa that looks crazy." I can't even imagine going through something like that.
Second; I recently had a dream that involved this very event. Let me tell you about it.
I was in New York with my friend Tina, who lives in Florida. And we were about to fly from New York City to Orlando. In the dream I thought this was weird because although when I visit my friend Tina I could either fly into Tampa or Orlando, I always fly into Tampa, not Orlando. Anyways, both Tina and I like to fly, and we were about to take off, and this was after the US Airways plane crash. In the dream we are flying over the Hudson River and the captain points out the plane in the river. I remember looking out of the window thinking "wow, that is crazy." But also thinking it was kinda cool to actually see it in person from a plane flying over it. Well just as the plane was suppose to be ascending it started descending. That's right, instead of going up we were going down. Both Tina and I were freaked out, but not as freaked out as I would really be in a situation like that, which I thought was really weird. Before we knew it we crashed into the Hudson River. I don't really remember any of the other passengers or the crew. I do remember crashing, and my camera falling out of my purse and thinking "I have to get my camera!". I grabbed my camera while walking towards the Exit, and I sat and went down the deflatable slide. I remember getting wet, but I don't remember it being cold. I remember boats being their immediately to get us. It was weird because it almost seemed like the crash was planned. Like we all knew it was going to happen. Which I guess is why I wasn't totally freaking out thinking I was about to die etc... I remember thinking "they are only doing this because they know we'll survive, and the caption only wants his 15 minutes of fame." So once I slid down the slide I got into a boat, and prior to sliding town, Tina was right behind me. When I got a seat on the boat, I looked up to find Tina, who was nowhere to be seen. That was when I started freaking out. I was thinking "Where is my friend?!" Then I see her across the way, in another boat. She sees me, and what does she do? She gets out of the boat and swims over to my boat. This was specifically weird because Tina isn't a great swimmer. So we are on the same boat together. And well that is all I remember. It was a really weird dream.

1 comment:

Tara Bennett said...

I saw the pilot on Dateline or 20/20 or one of those. Amazing!