Monday, August 10, 2009

Life Changing

Book Review
The Shack by William P. Young

This book was life changing. It was that good. I recommend this book to everyone. Seriously check it out. This book is up their with Same kind of Different as Me.
This book is about Mack who takes his kids on a camping trip only to have his youngest daughter abducted. After the family tragedy Mack questions his relationship with God, and why he would possibly do what He did. Four years after this trip, Mack gets a note apparently from God inviting him back to the place where his daughter was taken from him.
This book takes you on a journey of your own relationship with God, and how to make it stronger. This book touched me in a lot of different ways. It talks about how people enter your life, the love you have in your life, and how regardless of any situation God is always there. Always.
Here is a powerful excerpt I want to share:

"You, on the other hand, were created to be loved. So for you to live as if you were unloved is a limitation, not the other way around."
Mack nodded his head, not so much in full agreement, but more as a signal that at least he understood and was tracking. That seemed simple enough.
"Living unloved is like clipping a bird's wings and removing its ability to fly. Not something I want for you."
There's the rub. He didn't feel particularly loved at the moment.

This touched me particularly hard, because I often feel like nobody loves me. Mainly it is the feeling that I don't feel loved how I want to be loved. The deep, romantic, type of love. But this touched me, because it reminded me that I am loved. I am loved deeply and truly by the people who do love me, most importantly I am loved by God. I am here to love, and to be loved.

This book is an easy read, and very touching. I would highly recommend it if you want to establish that connection with God, or re-connect with God. This book is told from a completely different point of view, which opens you up, and makes you realize that we all have our own view on God and how he works in our lives. This book makes you view God and His Spirit like you have never imagined, and because of that it is very eye-opening.

4 comments:

Emily said...

Sounds neat, I haven't heard of this before.

Rachel said...

sounds like a great read, I'll have to get it from the library. :-)

Nikki said...

thanks for the review. I am glad you like it. I still need to read the same different as me, too.

Anonymous said...

I always weep when you are so moved and really
enjoyed your thoughts.

Love and Prayers,

Mom