Thursday, August 6, 2009

~something I love~

the pictures don't do it justice

This bracelet.

I got in Florida 2 years ago,
in this cute little shop.
The owners grandfather was
in a war (I don't remember what war)
and collected silverware from
around the world.

The sides of this bracelet are spoons
that he collected from his military travels.

Plus, it is a real pearl.
I'm not much of a pearl type of girl,
but I just had to have this.

Plus...
I thought to myself when I bought it,
"one day if I ever get married,
this will be the perfect piece of jewelry
to wear with a wedding dress."

5 comments:

Rachel said...

What a beautiful piece of jewelry, and I love that there's a bit of a story! It will go beautifully with a wedding dress. :-)

Nikki said...

Pretty bracelet for a pretty woman!

Emily said...

that is REALLY pretty. love it.

fotobug said...

i LOVE Pearls!!! (Which is why my dog is named Pearl.)

Your bracelet is gorgeous! :o) You have great style April!

Anonymous said...

Yes, we can't say enough about your great taste.
And it's something 'old'!