Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Girls Trip

I've had an upcoming girls trip on my mind recently, and I think that is where last nights dream came from. Let me tell you about it.
But first a little bit of history. Back in HS I was never really part of a "clique" until my senior year. Michelle, Sarah, and I were The Spice Girls Trio. I'm not one to be in or have a group of friends, and I was individual friends with Michelle and Sarah, and then the three of us bonded. We were a group. Our senior year the three of us went to visit Michelle's dad in Los Angeles for spring break, and it was such a fun trip, we even went to Las Vegas. Unfortunately once HS ended we went our separate ways. Throughout the years Sarah and I have stayed close, but Michelle now lives in Chicago, and I'm happy to report that our friendship rekindled last year at our 10 year HS reunion. Anyways, last nights dream included these two ladies.
We were in Florida, on a girls trip. Just the three of us. We started in Orlando, and then at the last minute we decided to go to Miami, which is about a 4 hour drive. Michelle knew exactly where to go, and was very prepared with a map, and a place to stay once we arrived in Miami. We drove down having a blast. Once we got to the hotel, we checked in and arrived at this child center, were Sarah and Michelle got to bond over motherhood. I was happy to be along for the ride. I had a part of me feeling extremely sad that I couldn't talk to them about being a mother, but happy that they could talk about it with each other.
I'm not too sure how exactly the dream ended, but I woke up misses these girls so much. Since our HS days and beyond I've had some pretty amazing experiences with these girls, and I miss the bond we used to have.

5 comments:

Rachel said...

cool dream, and a sign that you should plan a girls' trip soon! :-)

Nikki said...

That's kind of cool that you can have fun with the girls even if you aren't close - through your dream. I agree, you need to plan a girls' trip soon :).

fotobug said...

YES!!! Girls trip.

Where shall we all meet up?

:o)

fotobug said...

YES!!! Girls trip.

Where shall we all meet up?

:o)

Anonymous said...

Little do they know?

You are so awesome and selfless.