Monday, January 19, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me

So today is my 29th birthday. And I spent it all alone, like most days. But today is my birthday, so it really sucks, I'm not gonna lie. I wouldn't recommend spending your birthday alone. I worked today. My parents sent me beautiful flowers to my office, which was super sweet. I got a couple of cards from 2 of my co-workers, one of which included a Starbucks gift card! That was a total surprise, and very nice.
I came home and went to the gym. I have to say I really didn't want to go to the gym. As I was walking into the gym, I had convinced myself I would only do 35 minutes on the elliptical. But thankfully and surprisingly the 35 minutes went by super fast, so I added 10 more minutes, and got my full 45 minutes in. After the gym I treated myself to a chicken burger from Red Robin for dinner. After dinner I opened my gifts.
I know I've said it already, but it sucked spending my birthday alone.
I love cards!

my favorite gift: a signed Janet Evanovich Book!

My gifts

6 comments:

Emily said...

ugh. birthday alone would NOT be good. I wish we were closer, we would've totally had a party for you. on a brighter side, the teriyaki chicken burger at red robin is my absolute favorite. did you know i was a waitress there in college?

so, happy birthday to you!!

Nikki said...

I am sorry you had to spend it alone too! That does stink. I'll make sure to give you a happy birthday hug when you come to visit.

reflections said...

Happy Birthday and I would TOTALLY have taken you out! I'm sorry :(

Rachel said...

Happy Birthday, and I'm sorry, that stinks. There are several people I wished I lived closer to, and you are one of them! I would've brought cake! :-) (((hug)))

Anonymous said...

You know BoBo and I where there. I know its not the same or even a good consolation of heart.

Will make sure you have your b-day cake when you come home.

Love ya bunches,
Mom

Tara Bennett said...

Yay Happy Birthday! Being alone does suck, but feeling lonely is altogether different. I hope you don't feel lonely. Here's to an awesome year!