Monday, January 12, 2009

Challenge

So last week I really looked into the group classes at my gym. And tonight, I went to one! I'm so proud of myself. It was a 50/50 class. 50% cardio, 50% strength training. The cardio was step aerobics, and wow that kicked my butt. I haven't done step aerobics in who knows how long. I'm excited about these classes. I've spoiled my body in the fact that I don't give it any challenges when I go the gym. I always do the same thing. Back in November I had my free personal training session, where I had the trainer show me different weight training machines, and since I've been going to this new gym, I've been a lot more gutsier and trying new equipment. Which I'm happy about because I know I'm working different muscles. I'm excited to try the Hydro class which is a water aerobics class, as well as Dance blast which is a dance class! Today was also the 4th day in a row I've been to the gym. I can't remember the last time I went to gym 4 days in a row. The good news, I get to take tomorrow off!

5 comments:

fotobug said...

That is awesome! The dance class sounds like fun! :o) Great job on the workouts and enjoy your day off!

Nikki said...

Cool! I went to a cardio class with my mom when I was visiting over break, and it was really hard but a lot of fun. Those type of classes can make your workout more fun and much more motivating when you have other people to spur you on.

Emily said...

good for you!

Tara Bennett said...

Way to go girl! You're inspiring me to do better. I've been walking all week, but I need to amp it up a bit!

Anonymous said...

You are our 'inspiration'.

Thank you!