Friday, January 16, 2009

Dance Jam!

Tonight at the gym, I did a dance class, called Dance Jam. It was sooooo much fun! I had a great time. We learned a dance routine, and it immediately brought me back to my dance days in High School. I've always loved to dance, and during this "work out" I realized that this whole experience could be FUN! Close to the end of the hour long session we had a "dance off" with the class. The instructor divided us up in two groups and we dancing in front of each other. One time after we finished the routine this little old lady (seriously, I think she was in her 60's) came up to me and said "I think we'll let you lead us. You've done this before, haven't you?" I said to her "I danced in HS." It was such a great compliment, and great motivation. I hope that when I'm 60+, I'm going to the gym for dance class!

Tomorrow morning I'm doing a water class. Another thing that I love. I love swimming. I'm really looking forward to it. I'm enjoying moving my body in different ways, and taking advantage of all my gym has to offer. I've always known I like dancing, and swimming. Plus I like it because I think I'm pretty good at both of those things. It feels so good to be doing activities I enjoy doing. Like a breath of fresh air, that I forgot was ever their. Does that make sense?

So far my theme for 2009 is doing things I like, and sticking to them. Working out-doing things I like to do, reading, blogging, writing. It feels good to not dread to have to go to the gym, but want to go to the gym.

5 comments:

Nikki said...

That does sound like fun!

Emily said...

April, that is so cool. You make me wish I could join a gym. Exercise really can be fun, I forgot.

Rachel said...

I wanna go to your gym with you! Sounds great! :-)

Anonymous said...

Enjoy moving your body in different ways?????? Please elaborate!


Ah I miss our perve girl convo's! LOL

Anonymous said...

Her gym is 'awesome'