Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta

Saturday Oct. 10th
Very early Saturday morning my mom and I got up to meet my friend Shaun and his girlfriend at the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta. (Before I go on let's get one thing straight. It is the Balloon FIESTA. NOT festival. Thank you.) New Mexico doesn't have a whole lot to offer. But this is something that you can't find anywhere else in the world. For that reason it is something I think everyone should see at least once in there life.
The last time I went to the Balloon Fiesta was 6 years ago. So this was long overdue. To enjoy the full effect of this International event you do have to get up early. The balloons fly early in the morning because that is when the weather (wind) is the calmest. Mom and I got up and to Balloon Fiesta Park at 6:45am. Just in time to see the dawn patrol.
I took lots and lots of pictures. Here is a small sample.
Honorable mention of course goes to the Balloon Glow. The balloon glow takes place in the evening. The balloons stay landed and they light there fire. It is beautiful.











2 comments:

Emily said...

SO FUN! I heard it was warmer this time--my brother and sister went the first weekend.

Anonymous said...

Great pics!

Miss you!!!
Love Mom