Saturday, March 7, 2009

Stupid Drivers

So the original title for this post was "Happy Birthday Frank". That was before I got rear-ended! This is the second time in my life I have been rear-ended, and my third car accident. The first time I got rear-ended was the summer of 2001. So it's been awhile. Let me tell you the story.
I went out tonight to Dave and Buster's to help celebrate Frank's birthday. I drove myself so I could leave early since we lose an hour tonight, and since I have dance jam tomorrow morning. I was leaving Dave and Buster's and at a complete stop when the SUV behind me decides to hit me. I freaked out, and that is my main side effect. I had noticed this SUV because right before the stop light to leave the complex area, is a three way stop, and this SUV had pretty much raced to the stop sign. I immediately thought "that person is going fast in a parking lot." Didn't think much of it, until I saw their head lights behind my car, and then hit my car. I immediately got out of the car, the woman driver asked if I was ok. I said "yeah. i noticed you got to that stop sign quick, and then you hit me. are you ok to drive?" she said "yeah." i said "well we need to go into a parking lot, i need to get your information." Like I said, I was just freaking out. When something like that happens, a trigger just goes off in me, and all I want to do is cry. so i get her information. their was no major damage to either of the cars (thankfully.) I have some minor paint repair, that's it. i called Ginny, and they were already close to home...I was hoping one of them could drive me home so I could have my little freak out without driving. I could tell that Ginny heard the tears/fear/freak out in my voice, and insisted on stopping by. Carlos was with them, and he works for his Dad who owns a Car Body Shop, and Carlos specifically looks at cars that were in accidents to see how much damage is done. I have already called and reported the accident to my insurance. And now I have this constant ringing/headache feeling in the back of my head. Who knows, it could be the jolt of the impact or from me freaking out, and all the inconvenience this accident is going to cause. Dealing with crap like this just sucks. It's time consuming and unnecessary stress. And none of it is my fault!

3 comments:

Emily said...

Oh man April, I'm so sorry. Was she REALLY okay to drive? You should have called the police. Ugh... crashes are SO THE WORST.

I got rear-ended on the freeway two years ago. It was TERRIFYING. The impact threw me into the lane next to the exit lane and cars were zooming around me so fast I was afraid to get out of the car but even more afraid to stay in. Then the lady claimed it wasn't her fault and it took over a year for it all to get resolved. Um, how would getting rear-ended on the freeway EVER be my fault? I was SO MAD about it. I so feel your pain. The worst was we didn't have rental coverage on our insurance and it took FOUR MONTHS to get my car fixed, so I was carless that entire time. It was awful.

Nikki said...

Ugh! That does stink, April. I am glad you are okay. I would have freaked out too!

fotobug said...

It was nice to chat with you on facebook! So glad you are ok!! xox <3