Monday, March 16, 2009

The Rundown

So here are the details of my fabulous weekend with Michelle. First let me start by saying it feels so good to feel like I have a life. For people at work to ask me "so what are you doing this weekend?" and to actually give them an answer, feels so good.

On Thursday night we went to the Avalanche game. We won in a overtime shoot out. Unfortunately this game wasn't as fun as games in the past. Year over year the Avs seem to be getting worse at their hockey skills, so the Pepsi Center wasn't packed like it usually is. And a good, energetic audience is half the fun. Their was one big fight that broke out, which was actually quite surprising.

Friday we just hung out. It was suppose to be super cold and snowy, so I didn't really plan anything. We slept in, then went to breakfast. We did a lot of talking. That night we went to Dance Jam, then came home and watched some old episodes of "Sex and the City." Classic girls night!

Saturday was super busy. We started the day with a drive up to Red Rocks. It was a beautiful day. We did an easy 1.5 mile hike around the grounds. Afterwards we went to the actual Amphitheater. This venue is amazing. I've been lucky enough to go to a handful of concerts their, and it is truly a unique experience. Usually the concert season starts with the sunrise Easter service and goes through Labor Day. This was my first time at the Amphitheater during the day, so it was really nice to just enjoy it. Their were a lot of people their, running up and down the stairs, their was even a yoga class going on. Near the amphitheater is a little museum of Red Rocks. It was really cool. Their is a wall with the dates and performers of every concert at Red Rocks.
After Red Rocks we drove to Idaho Falls for a soak in the Hot Springs. It was very nice. We did the private bath and pool combo. The bath was over 100 degree's of hot Mineral water. The pool was nice, and very tropical. The area around the pool had tropical plants and flowers all around.
The day was a fun-filled day. It was great to do a couple of Colorado touristy things that I've always wanted to do but have never done, until now.

Sunday we got up and went to Dance Jam, then to a really cute Tea house in Louisville, called the Huckleberry.

I feel so fortunate to have a such a great friend in Michelle. Their was no shortage of conversation. I told her numerous times about how perfect her timing was for a visit.

4 comments:

Emily said...

That sounds so nice April, I'm so glad you guys got to do that together. Michelle is such a good friend. I remember when she came to visit me once at BYU and we drove to Idaho to see Mark Thrash. One of my favorite memories ever. She's a good traveler. Sounds like it was just what you needed!

Nikki said...

cool, sounds like you had a nice time.

Anonymous said...

That sounds lovely! Glad you scoped out some new things for us to do while I am up there. I am particularly interested in the hot springs. LOL! Its good that you got some good girl time in with a friend. Its such good therapy, isnt it? R u still coming to town this weekend?

Kari

Peg said...

I have to comment! I am Emily's aunt and I live in Northglenn. I think we live fairly close to each other since you talk about places that are so close to me! We had a party at the Red Rocks museum and it was awesome! I loved the hot springs in Idaho Springs. They are wonderful! And I work in Louisville and go to Huckleberries for lunch all the time.
You have excellent taste!!