Sunday, March 8, 2009

Call Me Crazy

I actually really like the change to Daylight Savings Time. Three years ago I was going through a horrible depression from my break up with Aaron. I was seeing a counselor who pointed out to me that it is good to have something to look forward to. And she gave the change to daylight savings as something to look forward to. When Aaron and I broke up it was the end of November when the days are becoming their shortest and it is darker earlier. As you may or may not know but going through a break up is very similar to going through a death. Something/someone that was once part of your daily life is just gone. Completely gone. For me it was easy to become depressed and the literal darkness around me, didn't help. The counselor said that extra daylight is literally extra sunshine. And after the drama of last night, I didn't sleep very good, got to sleep probably around 2am, then got up at 8am for Dance Jam. But this change was good for me. I'm looking forward to extra sunshine in my day, being able to be outside more, and still having light out when I leave the gym.

2 comments:

Emily said...

Way to think positively! I hate it, but mostly because it messes up my kids schedules. I wish we could just stay on one time forever. I totally know what you mean about the break-up thing. Totally.

fotobug said...

Darkness brings people down....more sunshine is always better for the body! Unless you tan too much and get leather skin....everything in moderation, including moderation. I know you know what I mean April! lol! :o)