Wednesday, March 18, 2009

"One Fifth Avenue"


I recently finished the book "One Fifth Avenue" by Candace Bushnell. She's the author of "Sex and the City" amongst others. This is the first book I've read by her, and I really enjoyed it. Thank you Nikki!

I loved the characters in this book and how they are all related and intertwined. Some parts are a little X rated but I suppose that makes sense, considering the author and what she is known for. It takes place in NYC as an "old" actress moves back to the city from LA. Falls in love with a man from her 20's, who is now dating a girl in her 20's. A little old lady dies, and her apartment is taken over by a new rich family. A young boy is a technical genius and all the tenants rely on him to fix their computers and keep the internet running. All ends with a happy ending with a couple of interesting twists. Good book, I would recommend it.

On a side note

Happy Birthday Emily!

on another side note

6th day in a row of workouts!
I worked out Tuesday to make up for the
fact that I won't be able to work out Saturday.

3 comments:

Emily said...

Thanks April, you're nice!

fotobug said...

I like your second side note! Keep it up girl... you are an inspiration.

Nikki said...

yay, I'll have to borrow it from you. I didn't realize that it was the same author as Sex in the City, I just knew it was a popular book. I am glad you liked it :)