Wednesday, March 4, 2009

My Shaun-Filled Weekend


Shaun & IWhat every 4 year old needs: a trampoline


Let me start by saying, I really did not want to go the gym today, but I really wanted to write about my weekend with Shaun. So what did I do? That's right, I went to the gym. And yes I feel great about it, blah blah blah. So now for your reading pleasure, my weekend with Shaun.

Shaun is a good friend of mine. And long story short, he is the reason I moved to Denver in the first place. He lives in Albuquerque, and has lived in Albuquerque the whole time I've been in Denver. His brother (Jason), sister-in-law (Rachel), and Ayla (niece) all live in Denver. He came up last minute for Ayla's 4th birthday, as a surprise.

We got to hang out, talk, and play some rounds of Rummy. We even went to go see the movie "Taken". ...very suspenseful.

Shaun always has ways of going over the top. Hence the trampoline. We were at lunch on Friday, and he see the Wal-mart I live next to, and wants to go get a trampoline for Ayla. It was very entertaining seeing Shaun, Jason, and Roger's (step-Dad) put together the contraption. Needless to say it was a big hit with Ayla, and all the kids. I wish so much I got a picture of Ayla. She the most beautiful little girl! I got plenty of hugs from her, and lots of other little kids that day.

It was great to see Shaun and just hang out with him like old times.

4 comments:

Emily said...

that's fun! you look great in that picture, and man, trampolines are totally necessary for a 4 year old. awesome.

Nikki said...

looks like fun. Did you get to jump on the trampoline?

April said...

Thanks Emily.

No Nikki, no jumping for me.

fotobug said...

That photo of you IS GREAT!! :o) You look so relaxed and fresh......

glad to hear you had some fun.