Friday, March 6, 2009

One Theory

I shared this story with my friend Tina a while ago during a girls trip to Minneapolis almost 3 years ago. We were swimming. And well I can't believe I'm about to put this story out their, but I've shared enough on my blog, why not share this?!

So when I was younger I went swimming almost every single day during the summer at the Coronado Club, on Kirkland AFB in Albuquerque. I loved swimming then, and I love swimming now. When "The Little Mermaid" came out all I wanted was to be a mermaid. I used to do dance routines under water and pretend I had an audience. In the "show" I would pretend I was wearing a white bathing suit, and I had a light guy change lights on me to change the color of my bathing suit. Red, Blue, Green, etc.... I always did things to entertain myself.
Anyways, when the time came for me to get out of the water and dry off, I would, and always ask my mother if I could take one more dip. I would take one last swim, come back out and dry off again. During that last swim I would wonder to myself "why can't I just get a little bit wet?" I believe I was asking myself this because drying off is just a big pain. It isn't something I enjoy. It's not easy to get completely dry, you put on your clothes and they stick to you because you are not completely dry, then you are just uncomfortable the whole way home. I know it isn't possible but I still think about it to this day. Regardless if you jump in a swimming pool for 1 minute, or you are in their for 1 hour you are still the same amount of wet. You get completely wet. I suppose if I had my way when you go swimming their would be different levels of wetness, depending on how long you were actually in the water. But this is not possible. Weird I know, but these are the things go on in my head.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always find it interesting and entertaining to be one of the priveledged individuals to gain the slightest glimpse into the mind of April...I suppose your theory could come to life if you happend to evolve from poriferans or animals of the phylum Porifera (sponges), as opposed to a lineage with nervous, digestive and circulatory systems that are more characteristic of the human body. With that said, sponges are a vital cleaning tool in my home and I must admit, it would be nice to have the ability to "ring" myself out after a big meal or a shower. Weight loss would be much more convenient! The local gym would go out of business, but the restaurant industry would boom! As far as I can see, it would be win, win for all! Perhaps there is a way to "clone" that genetic trait into the human body....anyway I could go on and on with this, but I'll stop here, so your friends dont think our family is completely insane! LOL

Kari

Nikki said...

You both are very funny!

fotobug said...

My favorite blog post from you!!! :o) I love reading what you really think!

Lets me know that my crazy thoughts aren't alone out there.