Sunday, September 13, 2009

do the pink thing


I'm super happy to announce that I'm registered for Race for the Cure 5k again this year! Last year I did the walk for the first time, all by myself. This year I'm going to try my hardest to jog more than walk, as well as enjoy the event this time with my mom! ...that's right, my mom will be joining me this year, and I'm so excited!!! Today we got out T-shirts, and I even got us matching pants to wear! ...we'll be so cute. She is really looking forward to it, and I am too. It has been a long time since we've been able to have a good amount of mother/daughter time together, and the weekend that she is here we'll have a lot of time to spend together.
I'm on a good roll of making this an annual event, and I know it'll be so much fun. I just got done reading about what I wrote last year when I registered. And I was so nervous about getting up in time. That's so funny to me now.
Like last year I'm raising money to help find a cure. If you would like to donate please visit my page here. If you would like to see my pictures from last years race click here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And so we will embark on yet another mother/daughter adventure. So looking forward
to our time!

Love,
Mom

Nikki said...

yay, I am so excited for you both! That's soo cool!!!!! Take lots of pictures, I want to see the matching pants ;)