Friday, September 19, 2008

Race for the Cure


So i've always wanted to do "Race for the Cure". It is a big deal here in Denver at the Pepsi Center. ...I don't remember a "Race for the Cure" in Albuquerque. Anyways. While reading posts at Sparkpeople.com this morning, I read about this year's Race for the Cure. I immediately thought, I am SO going to do it. And I did it! I did! I am all registered, and ready to go. I'm very excited. It is a 5k run/walk. And very early on Sunday October 5th. The running/walking isn't what scares me. I know I can do that. I might be the last one to cross the finish line, but I know I can do it. What scares me is getting up ridiculously early to go to this event. It starts at like 7am. I am not a morning person. But I really want to do this, and I know I will do this. I'm super excited. I'm at the point of working out where I crave going to the gym. It is a habit. My days off from the gym feel empty, like I need something to do. I love when I get to this point, because there seems like there is no return. ...Granted I have returned before, BUT not this time! They have "Sleep in for the Cure" which is something I would also LOVE to do, but it doesn't get me out of bed, and exercising. ...Race for the Cure does, and that is something I need. I'm so proud of myself. Right now I'm doing it alone, which I really don't want to do, but oh well. I do most things by myself anyways. My Grandma Madrid had breast cancer, and at the time I was really too young to really understand it. This is a great event, but I'm mostly doing it for me. Do to something I've never done before, which is something I always enjoy. I hope that after this, I can make it an annual event for myself. Go every year. If you would like to pledge/donate in my name click here: http://www.komendenver.org/site/TR/Race/General?px=1526091&pg=personal&fr_id=1070. Thank you! And wish me luck!

1 comment:

Nikki said...

I am proud of you too, April!!!! What a great combination, exercise (helping yourself) and walking to cure breast cancer (helping others).

Good luck!!!