Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Reviews

So I just got back from lunch with my friend Tressa. She is a reader of my blog, and so I asked her for ideas of what to write about. She didn't really help me. But we came up with writing about reviews.

Book Review
I just got done reading Quaker Summer by Lisa Samson. As I have said I am now reading a lot, as I have also said I'm cheap. And well reading can be an expensive habit, until I finally found my local library! This was a book I got at the library. I didn't really like this book. Their really wasn't a beginning of the book. No introduction to the characters, no back ground, no date or location. Which I think is really weird. At one point in time I didn't really want to finish the book, but I figured I started it I may as well finish it. The story did finally get some depth by the middle. It is a story about a woman who has everything, a loving husband who is a doctor and a 15 year old son, but she is unhappy in life, and trying to find herself. I think this book could have been good if the middle of the story happened at the beginning and the end of the story talked about more of what happened about 3/4's through. The book set up some great stories that didn't take place because the book ended. I wouldn't recommend this book.

Movie Review
Saturday I went to go see My Best Friends Girl. It was a good movie, very funny. I loved Kate Hudson's hair in this movie. Beautiful. I wish I knew how to do my hair like that. Plus Dane Cook. He's not too bad on the eyes. If you like funny movies check it out. I really want to see The Women. I spoke to my friend Tina this weekend and she went to go see this movie with her husband. She said it was a good movie for the dynamics's of women, and the relationship you have with them. I love my girl friendships. I honestly don't know what I would do without them. Each relationship has its own dynamic. Tina said this movie made her want to hang out with the close women in her life-which I am included! It is crazy how life brings different people in your life, and how you work to keep these in your life.

Favorite Movie
This was Tressa's idea. My all time favorite movie is Good Will Hunting. This was when I first fell in love with Ben Affleck. Yummy. I like this movie because it has just the right amount of romance, drama, and humor. I love this quote: "Do you like apples?" "What?" "Do you like apples?" "Yeah, I guess...whatever?" "Well how about these apples!, I got her number!" Cracks me up every time! Great movie.

Favorite Book Series
The Stephanie Plum Series by Janet Evanovich. Now I'm biased because I almost positive this is the only series of books I've read(in my adult life, do the Babysitters Club books count, I think now) so can it really be my favorite if this is all i've read? Anyways, I love this series. Super funny, and clever. Very easy reading, which I enjoy. These books have suspense, romance, humor, and a little bit of drama. I love the humor the best. These books seriously make me laugh out loud. A few people have recommended the Twilight series books, but I don't know if I would really be into them. I'm not much a vampire type girl.

TV on DVD Review
Six Feet Under, check it out, seriously. I had never even heard of this show until my ex's roommate got the first season on DVD, and we watched it. It's a great show. Drama and humor. And a crazy family to watch, to let you know your not alone.

TV Reviews
So as you can tell that I'm not really giving any reviews. Just telling you what I like. My friend Emily did TV reviews on her blog, and I thought what a great idea, but I have no idea what I would write. I know I would just write about the TV shows I like. So you know what, it's MY blog so that is what I'm going to do. All I can say is thank goodness for my DVR!

Dancing with the Stars - I love to dance. Seeing this show makes me get upset at my mother for not letting me pursue professional dancing. The only thing I watch on this show is the Dancing. I fast forward through all the talking from the judges etc...although I did stop last weeks to watch the crazy old lady talk to the judges. That was some funny stuff! That has the be one awesome thing about being old, you really don't care-so you act however you want.

The Hills - I know I'm sorry. But I love MTV, and I gotta watch it.

The Biggest Loser: Families - I first watched this show last season. And holy cow it is motivational, and at timed de-motivational. I can barely lose 8 pounds in a month right now, let alone 18 in one week! But it has some great pointers which I appreciate.

Grey's Anatomy - Love it. This weekend I watched the season premiere. I like this show because it makes you think about your life without really thinking about your life.

America's Next Top Model - I'm not too sure why I like this show, to tell you the truth, but I do. Actually I do know why. Because I like pictures. I always like seeing the different types of photo shoots they do, and then seeing the final outcome.

Real World/Road Rules Challenge: The Island - Again MTV, my guilty pleasure. I think I like this show because of the crazy make out sessions!

The Janice Dickinson Modeling Agency - I told myself not to get into this show, then I saw all of last sessions play and so now I'm watching this session. The male models are hott!

Project Runway - I like clothes.

Private Practice - Like Grey's makes you think about your life without thinking about your life.

Desperate Housewives - I haven't seen the season premier yet, but I'm hoping this season is good. I'm not too sure about the whole 5 years in the future thing. I think it would have been fun to see how things happened to get to this 5 years later. It's the stuff in the middle that makes it good, right!?

3 comments:

Emily said...

fun post! dude, vampires aren't my thing either, but the twilight books are GOOD. especially if you like drama, romance, a little bit of scariness.

Rachel said...

I agree with Emily, fun post!

For Desperate Housewives, I think they are going to do lots of flashbacks into the past 5 years. I love that show! :-)

by the way, I'm on blogger now.

Peg said...

I LOVE Janet's books and she was in Littleton for a book signing for the newest book! I stood in line for 3 hours but I met her! I don't like vampire books one little bit but Twilight vampires are not your ordinary vampires. You should try to read the first one and I know you can get them at the library that's where I got them from. BTW... I am Emily's aunt and I live in Northglenn.