Monday, September 29, 2008

Travel

I love to travel. Absolutely love it. Mainly because it is doing stuff I don't normally do, and I love to do things I've never done. Eat somewhere different, try new food, go to different places. Saturday I drove to A Grande Finale to buy my Mom a birthday cake. My friend Tina has this thing-you have to have birthday cake on your birthday. Seems like a simple enough thing, but think about it, when was the last time you had your very own birthday cake for YOUR birthday. I was visiting Tina in Florida for my 26th birthday and she made me my very own birthday cake-german chocolate! And well ever since then I think that people I love need to have birthday cake on their birthday! Anyways I was watching The Foodnetwork about a month ago and saw a new show "Road Tasted with the Neely's" and they were in Denver. The cool thing about this show is all of the places they visit, will ship there food right to you! One of there stops was A Grande Finale in Louisville, CO, which is just north from where I live. It was then I decided I would ship my Mom a cake for her birthday! I drove there on Saturday. To get there I went on a highway I had never been on before. When I go on a road I've never been on before I think it is so exciting. I think to myself "This is a place my car has never been to before." Once I found the place (it is SO cute) I ordered my Mom's cake. And had a breakfast pastry for myself. It was yummy.
Moving on. I have lots coming up and I'm super excited. This weekend I got my T-shirt for Race for the Cure. It is Sunday. I can't wait. I know I won't want to get up early on Sunday, but I know that I will, and once I finish it will feel Great! Then next Wednesday I leave for Chicago. Going to a place I've never been to. I can't wait! I'm meeting my friend Michelle there for her birthday. It is really excited because it has been a really long time since we have celebrated both of our birthdays together. ...I went to see her in San Francisco in January for my birthday. I've been so lucky to do all of the traveling that I do, do. I have to really watch my budget, but it is SO worth it! I wish the timing was a little bit better. My Uncle Billy who has lived in Seattle for a long time, moved back to Albuquerque this past Christmas to get better. And now his wife (my Aunt Luanne) will be flying to Albuquerque the weekend I'll be in Chicago to drive back to Seattle with my Uncle Billy-where he is moving back to. I was originally going to be in Albuqueruqe that weekend for my Mom's birthday(my mom and Michelle share the same birthday.) but when I found out Michelle had extended her job in Madison, I asked if I could met her in Chicago for her birthday. Uncle Bill and Aunt Luanne very rarely make it to Albuquerque, and now that Uncle Bill is moving back to Seattle I'm sad I won't be able to see them. Although I'm very happy I was able to see my Uncle Billy when I was in NM in July. I just wish all of this wasn't happening in the same weekend.
Lots of coming up! And I will have pictures to post!

2 comments:

Nikki said...

Yummy! Your mom is Lucky! I wish I could see you in Chicago...but I also hope you have fun there too.

Emily said...

oooh, i love birthday cake. i wish i had done more traveling before i got married and had kids.