Friday, September 18, 2009

The Places I've Been: CA

Michelle and I San Fransisco ~ January 2008
Driving across the Golden Gate Bridge for the first time
If I think about it really hard, going to California is probably one of my earliest memories. I was 4 or 5 maybe, and my parents took me to Disneyland. I don't remember the Disneyland part, but I do remember going to a house where my parents had some family friends. I couldn't tell you much except for that. I remember they had a son in a wheelchair, and I felt bad for him. But I remember him being really funny.
My second trip to California was March 1998. My last spring break of my high school years. I went with 2 girlfriends. My friend Michelle's Dad lives near L.A. We spent time at Universal Studios, and Six Flags. Plus girl shopping, trying on those sneaker type shoes that had 3inch platforms. ...those were the Spice Girl days. It was a super fun trip, with super happy memories.
The most recent time I was in California was January 2008 for my 28th birthday. I went to go visit my friend Michelle (a different Michelle as mentioned above) who was on a travel assignment. On this trip I got to see Northern California. We spent two nights in Calistoga (near Napa Valley) and one night in San Francisco. This trip was amazing. Spent with one of my closest friends. I took my first (and last) mud bath, did some wine tasting, danced my whole birthday night, ended by some late night pizza! (just a summary)

3 comments:

Emily said...

Sounds like such a fun trip! I LOVE northern California. My husband is actually from the bay area so visiting his family is always so awesome--taking BART or the ferry into San Fran or even just hanging out by the water. Benicia (the city he's from) is surrounded on 3 sides by water so it's just beautiful, with big hills everywhere. I LOVE that he's from CA so I can go visit a few times a year.

Anonymous said...

Nice and wonderful memories!

fotobug said...

Oh my gosh April. Looking at that photo of you- I hardly recognized you! You have LOST so much weight!!