Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Weekend a la Crystal


The chocolate "mask"







This past weekend an old friend was in town. My friend Crystal from High School. We had a lovely time, and thankfully have a lot in common. We are both very open and honest, and can having racy conversations all while laughing and having a good time. The main event was Friday night, for the New Kids on the Block concert. For a lot of girls my age, NKOTB was the first concert they went to. I remember when NKOTB performed at Tingley Coliseum in Albuquerque, it was a huge deal. I vaguely remember wanting to go, but I didn't go. Crystal was kind enough to send me their newest CD's. So I was able to get caught up on the band, and their music. I have to say I enjoyed the new music. And I really enjoyed this concert. I really love going to concerts. I haven't danced so much at a concert in a very long time. The concert openers was Lady Gaga and Natasha Bedingfield. I enjoyed Natasha Bedingfield.
Crystal and I


Natasha Bedingfield NKOTB



The finished product





The next day was our Chocolate Decadence Pedicure. This was lovely. So relaxing and well deserved. We got hot chocolate served, soft feet, and cute toes! That night we went out dancing with my friend Ginny. It was a great time. We went to this dive bar on my side of town, that I have never heard of. And we walked into the door we immediately got hit on. It was crazy. Ginny's married, Crystal's spoken for with a live in boyfriend, and well I don't really attract guys. At least 3 different guys went up to Ginny just to tell her she was "so beautiful". And Crystal had guys coming up to her too.

The weekend was so much fun. And now I'm getting ready for my Mother, who arrives tomorrow!

3 comments:

Nikki said...

chocolate pedicure, that's pretty awesome. I bet that felt really good, and you got the added benefit of smelling chocolate while you got your toes pampered. What's not to like?

Anonymous said...

Hey watch who your calling old! LOL We did have a lot of fun!! Have fun this weekend with your Mama!!!

Emily said...

that looks like so much fun man! awesome.