Monday, November 10, 2008

Ginny's Bday!

Me & Ginny
Carlos, Rina, Frank, Liz, Ginny, and Gina

Hardly ever do I drink anymore. Hardly ever to I really drink, anymore. I seriously can't remember the last time I drank as much as I did Friday night. It was my friend Ginny's birthday, and she went all out. Last year for her birthday she was pregnant, so obviously couldn't really do much in the way of partying and drinking. So she made up for it this year! We went to Club Beta, which used to be Club Rise. She got a VIP area with bottle service, and even a limo! She was contemplating not doing the limo because of the price, when I told her-you don't have to pay for everything. Have people who ride in the limo help pay for it. Which is what she did, and so well worth it! It was very exciting to me, this was only the 3rd time I had ever been in a limo. The limo driver had 2 rules for us: 1-If we are going to get sick, get sick in the glasses. 2-Don't open the doors. Let the driver get out and open the doors. Before we headed downtown we stopped at a liquor store and bought some champagne to drink on the way down. I was already on a very empty stomach, but didn't really care because I was looking forward to this night for a while, and not having to worry about anyone driving home. ....that is my usual worry on a night like Friday night. I usually end up being the DD. Which is fine, but I was much more relaxed since I didn't have to think about it. Friday night was one of those nights, that just flew by. We got to the club right at 10pm, and it was empty. We go upstairs to our special VIP area, I immediately have 2 shots, and a few drinks after that! I we went down to the dance floor a couple of times, and had a great time dancing. At one point in the evening I spoke to Carlos-my crush. I tell him "I'm going to tell you this because I'm drunk, and I can act like I have forgotten I told you this, but I won't forget. I have a crush on you..." He didn't really respond the way I wanted. And nothing is going to happen. I can tell you that much. We talked a lot that night, which was really nice. Carlos is a great guy, and if know me, you know it is a big deal for me to have a crush on someone. He told me to be patient. I don't really know what that means, but whatever. Before I knew it Ginny was going around saying we were going to be heading back to the limo. In my head I was thinking-Really? We just got here. But sure enough it was 1am. We head back to Ginny's house. The hood on Frank's car got egged, so I helped him clean that up. I changed into more comfortable clothes, and Carlos, Ginny, and I stayed up talking until about 3:30am. I slept on Ginny's living room floor. Got up at 7am, and drove home to sleep in my own bed. I slept until about 11am Saturday morning, and almost all day Saturday I didn't feel to good. I was telling myself over and over "I'm never going to drink again." Of course I was lying, because I know I will drink again. But I swear I was probably 22 the last time I told myself that. Then I was thinking to myself that I used to do this 2 or 3 nights in a row! How crazy is that! The good news is that even though I didn't feel good, I still went to the gym! Speaking of....tonight will be the last night I work out a Bally's! Lifetime Fitness opens on Tuesday! I can't wait!

No comments: