Tuesday, November 4, 2008

History in the Making

I feel blessed. I feel overwhelmed. I feel overjoyed. We have a different president for the first time in eight years. President Elect Barack Obama. It is amazing. I've been on the verge of tears for the past 2 days now. With craziness going on at work, and this announcement pushed me over the edge. This is what history feels like. I remember feeling like this on 9/11, but of course this is a completely different kind of energy. I almost can't believe it. What an amazing Nation we live in. To see such change in a matter of moments. Let the ride begin. Colorado is a blue state, when the last two elections it was red. I have finally cried, and I know I will cry more when I hear Barack speak at Grant Park in Chicago. I haven't completely let go, and I doubt that I will. I think anyone is crazy for wanting to be president at a time like this, but to be president at a time like this, I think that person needs to be a little bit crazy. I think Barack will ask the right questions, and do what needs to be done to get the right answers accomplished. Seeing this on this night, I wish I had someone to share it with. Someone to celebrate with. I'm getting sick of being alone. It would mean so much to share this, hug someone, watch the TV. See this history in the making. I didn't think it would happen this fast. I seriously didn't think they would be able to announce the president elect tonight. So here is to the 44th President of the United States of America.

4 comments:

Nikki said...

Pretty exciting. I was crying like a baby last night.

Boquinha said...

Very exciting. Sending you a cyber hug. :) No matter what side of the aisle someone is on, it's undeniable how exciting it is to see history in the making. I love our new first family!!

Emily said...

it is very exciting. i always feel that way when a new president is elected. at least i have for the past elections that i can remember. gotta say though, michelle's dress last night was HORRID. i hope she gets a stylist in the white house!

heh heh heh.

i don't want you to be alone either. sorry april.

April said...

That dress was kinda wierd.

Thanks Emily!