Monday, October 13, 2008

October 9th

So lots has been going on. And many blogs are to come to tell you allllll about it. But for now I have to talk about October 9th. I can almost promise that you know someone with the birthday October 9th. Here are the people I know:
My Mom
One of my closest friend's Michelle
My Mom's old Boss
A close friend of the family
My cousin's husband and
My friend's Dad
Six people, all born on October 9th. For my Mom's surprise 50th birthday, all but one of those people were at her party. And we got a picture of all 5 of them. I thought it was the coolest thing.
Happy belated birthday to my Mom, Michelle, Dr. Kreuch, Dave, Larry, and Greg.
My Mom is well my Mom. She is wonderful, and I love her to death. And she is the glue to my family. She drives me crazy most of the times, but we not only have a wonderful mother/daughter relationship we have an amazing friendship that I cannot even describe. I am so lucky to have such a deep relationship with my mom I can't tell you how blessed I am.

Michelle. She is my oldest and one of my dearest friends. I have memories of her all the way back to when we first met in kindergarten. We grew up together, and now so much time as pasted I know that we will always be friends. It is great comfort to know I will always have her friendship. Here is a memory from elementary school. It was really funny at the time, and I can tell you right now that it won't be that funny once I actually type it out, but it was super funny.
Our parents live rather close to one another, and we used to walk back and forth to our houses. ...or meet in the middle. Well one Friday or Saturday night we were going to have a sleep over. I'm not too sure whose house we were going to(I believe Michelle's) but we decided to meet half way. Even though we lived close to one another there were 3 or 4 different ways to get to Michelle's house. While walking to one another in the same direction we couldn't see who was walking towards us. So we just walked with our heads down hoping the other person would go another direction. I remember walking towards this person kinda freaked out. Not knowing what to do. Anyways once we got close enough I could tell it was Michelle, and had a huge sigh of relief. It was really funny because once we met up, Michelle was telling me how scared she was of me walking towards her, because she didn't know it was me. It was really funny at the time, and still a great memory.

Dr. Kreuch was an out patient Psych doctor that my mom worked for, for many years. He's a cool guy, and very smart.

Dave. My mom grew up in Santa Fe, New Mexico. And a total of 7 other brothers and sisters. Five of which are sister's. A close friend of all sisters is Mary, Dave is Mary's husband. Dave and Mary are always at the various family functions, and their 2 kids are like cousin's to me.

Larry. One of my very close friends is Kari, who is my cousin. Kari and Larry are married. I remember going to there wedding, and being so nervous when I danced with Larry during the dollar dance. Larry is a great cook. When him and his family were in Denver last summer he made the best crab leg dinner with cesar salad. Larry is also newly retired for the Air Guard. He has serviced in Iraq, Afghanistan, and Iceland...amongst many others. Thank you for all you do for our wonderful Country!

Greg. During my 10 year HS reunion I reconnected with my friend Michelle(this is another Michelle). My senior year of HS Michelle, our friend Sarah, and I went to Southern California for spring break, where Michelle's dad lives. Her dad is awesome. He colored my hair while I was there! He drove us all around, and even took us to Las Vegas.

Happy Birthday everyone!

2 comments:

Emily said...

I have memories of both you and Michelle from kindergarten too. how weird that we've known each other that long. I posted our kindergarten picture here a while back, you should go check it out. It's hilarious to see all those people as little kids--especially little Chad Thompson. Hilarious.

Nikki said...

I have such a hard time remembering birthdays. I think I would forget my own if it wasn't on a holiday.

Hope Chicago was awesome!