Sunday, January 4, 2015

Year in Review: 2014

What did you do in 2014 that you’d never done before? Gave birth.

What moments from 2014 will remain etched upon your memory? My summer home being a mom.  Helena meeting her grandparents for the first time. 

What was your biggest achievement of the year?  Having Helena, keeping my house somewhat clean.

What was your biggest failure? Being inpatient with my husband.

 Did you suffer illness or injury? I was super sick back on 12/14.  I don't think I have ever been that type of sick.  I felt horrible.  I didn't get out of bed and slept all day.

 What was the best thing you bought?  A new Toyota Highlander.

What were your favorite 3 photos of 2014?




 What did you get really, really, really excited about?  Having a GIRL!

 What song will always remind you of 2014? "Happy" Pharrel Williams

What was the best food discovery of 2014? The re-discovery of sushi and over easy eggs.

 What do you wish you’d done more of? Blogging.

What do you wish you’d done less of? Not communicating.

 What was your favorite new TV show?  I didn't watch anything new.

What was the best book you read? I definitely want to read more in 2015.

 What was your greatest musical discovery? That any song can be a Dance Jam song!

What was the best film you saw this year? Probably "Heaven is for Real". 

 What did you want and get? A healthy baby.

 What did you want and not get? A remodeled downstairs bathroom.

What's something you fell in love with? More like someone: Helena Grace!

 What was your family's favorite kid's book? Sophie's First Words were a definite favorite.  Reading it always calms Helena.

What kept you sane? My husbands patience, my mother-in-laws food, my mom's cleaning.  And texting with Andrea.

 Who was the best new person you met? My daughter.

 What was a valuable life lesson you learned in 2014? I feel as though I've learned this lesson year over year, but that God listens to your prayers, and answers them.  In His time.

PAST Year in Reviews: 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great year for you, thanks to Helena! And I love how you ended this post.

Emily said...

Your last answer made me cry! So true. I love your pictures, too. What a life changing year.