Tuesday, January 27, 2015

My Birthday

I’m officially in my mid-30’s.  Right in the middle.  Not necessarily a milestone, but a reminder that I’ll be 40 before I know it, because the past 5 years have flown by. 
I had a great birthday.  Helena was up off and on from about midnight to 3am the morning of my actual birthday.  With such a rough night for both of us I decided to stay home for the day.  I did some work and enjoying playing with my daughter.  I had some wonderful phone conversations with friends, then had a impromptu coffee date with my friend Erin.  We have daughters that are about 2 weeks apart!  I got my free coffee from Caribou, and we enjoyed just chit-chatting.  Some one on one time is such a treasure!
Helena and Lilly

Right after coffee I got Chris and we went out to dinner.  I knew he had a birthday date planned for the coming up Saturday but if there is one thing I love, it’s going out to eat.  When we were planning our menu and grocery list for the week I told him I didn’t want to cook on my birthday.  So out we went.  We went to Ted’s Montana Grill. I had the trout, as did Helena…she loved it!  I only ate half, and left the rest in a to-go container on the table! I seriously hate it when I do that!  Anyways, we came home gave Helena a bath and put to bed, and I opened my birthday gifts and cards. 
I’m truly spoiled!  I got lots of great stuff and ended the night with some cuddle time with my man. 
Helping Mom open presents

Birthday flowers from my Mom! 

On Tuesday I got some flowers delivered to my work from my mom that smelled glorious.  Throughout the week I got some more cards in the mail. 
Then Saturday Chris and I went out.  He had our babysitter come watch Helena, and we went out to what is probably our newest favorite place called Guard and Grace.  This is the second time we’ve been here in the past 6 months, and everything is just great.  Good food, spot on service, nice atmosphere, strong drinks.  They even made me a birthday card!  After dinner we went to a show called “Forbidden Broadway”.  A four person show that does various parodies of different mainstream musicals.  It was pretty funny.
Yummy dessert!
What I valued most was my time with Chris.  We’ve been successful in having a date night each month since Helena’s been born. But our December date night was at the beginning of the month, with the hustle and bustle of the holidays and new year, it felt like it had been forever since we had been out.  It was great having him all to myself with no distractions,  or other priorities filling our minds of things to do around the house, a budget to make, cleaning, laundry, etc…
The celebration went on to yesterday when I got a package from my cousin Kari.  She made a beautiful pink blanket for Helena that I love!  It’s her first real girl thing, since the patterns are pink! 
Birthday are super special to me, and I feel this one is for the books!  It is such a special feeling to feel such love and to share my day with my family and those I’m close to. 
Here’s to a great 35th year!

No comments: