Wednesday, January 4, 2012

2011 year in review

  1. What did you do in 2011 that you'd never done before? Found true love
  2. Did you keep your new year's resolution, and will you make one for next year? No, and yes.
  3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Yes, my friend Sarah.
  4. Did anyone close to you die? Sorta. My cousin's grandma, and my fiance's great-grandmother.
  5. What countries did you visit? Just my own, and lots of new states: Wyoming, Nebraska, Kansas, Missouri, and Arkansas.
  6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011? A more challenging job with higher pay.
  7. What dates from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? 5/21 the date I met Chris. 11/21 the date Chris proposed.
  8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Finding love.
  9. What was your biggest failure? Not losing 20-30 pounds.
  10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Yes, I got super sick in January. I hurt my back in November followed by a weird 24 hour bug thingy.
  11. What was the best thing you bought? A new nice king size bed.
  12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Um, my own?
  13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Some people on Facebook, which is why I blocked their news feed.
  14. Where did most of your money go? Mortgage and bills.
  15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Getting engaged!
  16. What song will always remind you of 2011? "Brighter than the Sun" by Colbie Caillat
  17. Compared to this time last year, are you? a) happier or sadder? Happier. b) thinner or fatter? Fatter, by about 8 pounds. (sad face.) c) richer or poorer? Richer.
  18. What do you wish you'd done more of? Gym time.
  19. What do you wish you'd done less of? Honestly, I don't know.
  20. How did you spend Christmas? In Albuquerque with my family and my fiance.
  21. Did you fall in love in 2011? Yes, I did!
  22. What was your favorite TV program? Probably Dancing with the Stars.
  23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? I don't think so?
  24. What was the best book you read? I've read lots of books last year, and unfortunately I can't think of the best one.
  25. What was your greatest musical discovery? Couldn't tell you.
  26. What did you want and get? My future husband.
  27. What did you want and not get? A weight loss.
  28. What was your favorite film of this year? I'm gonna say Breaking Dawn part I
  29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I put together a birthday dinner at one of my favorite restaurants: Vesta Dipping Grill, then had a huge dance party with about 30 of my friends.
  30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Losing those last 20 pounds!
  31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011? Good.
  32. What kept you sane? Chris
  33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Reese Witherspoon
  34. What political issue stirred you the most? No comment.
  35. Who did you miss? My friend Tina...who I unfortunately didn't get to see at all last year.
  36. Who was the best new person you met? Chris.
  37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011. That all of the good thoughts and happy vibes you put out there in the world will come back to you/prayers are answered.
  38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. "I've never seen it, I found this love, I'm gonna feed it, You better believe, I'm gonna treat it better than anything I've ever had, Cause you're so damn beautiful."
stolen from emily (again)
jog/run 30min

2 comments:

Emily said...

I don't know that song (#38). This was a good one for you--the falling in love part always seems dumb to me but it fits you so well! :) You'll get those last 20 pounds, don't you worry. You are SO STRONG.

sarahlove said...

You fell in love? Like past tense? You are still falling!!! ;) Love it!

Totally agree with Emily. You will meet your goal on your weight loss journey because you are not a quitter! This is your life and now that you are in control it's all yours to get the job done! Go April!!!