Thursday, January 10, 2013

2012 year in review

1. What did you do in 2012 that you'd never done before?  Got married!
2. Did you keep your new year's resolution, and will you make one for next year?  No and yes, and yes.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?  Yes, my friend Dena.
4. Did anyone close to your die?  No funerals this year.
5. What countries did you visit? Jamaica!
6. What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012? More time spent at the gym.
7. What dates from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?  10/5 my wedding date!
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?  Throwing a pretty kick a$$ wedding!
9. What was your biggest failure?  Being a fat bride.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Not really.
11. What was the best thing you bought? All the little details of the wedding: gifts for my bridesmaids, cuff links for Chris, etc...
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Barack Obama
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?  Lots of FB people during the election, and some family during the wedding planning process.
14. Where did most of your money go?  Mortgage and wedding.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?  Getting married!
16. What song will always remind you of 2012?  A couple (and of course they are wedding songs): "The Way You Make Me Feel" by Michael Jackson (the song we were announced to) and "You and Me" by Dave Matthews Bank (our first dance as husband and wife).
17. Compared to this time last year, are you? a) happier or sadder? happier.  b)thinner or fatter: fatter.  c) richer or poorer: richer.
18. What do you wish you don't more of? Gym time.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?  Time on the couch.
20. How did you spend Christmas? In Kearney with my husbands family.
21. Did you fall in love in 2012?  More and more everyday!
22. What was your favorite TV program? Scandal
23. Do you have anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? No.
24. What was the best book you read? Unfortunately the last thing I remember reading was the Fifty Shade or Gray trilogy.  I'm pretty sure that wasn't the best book I read all year, but I'll just go with it.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery? I wouldn't call it great, but I kinda like One Direction.
26. What did you want and get? A husband!
27. What did you want and not get? Weight loss.
28. What was your favorite film of the year? Breaking Dawn Part II.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?  Chris took me to dinner at Corridor 44 and I had the best scallops ever, and to a burlesque show.  I turned 32.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Not gaining weight.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept? Good.
32. What kept you sane? Chris
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Katherine Middleton
34. What political issue stirred you the most? The presidential campaign.
35. Who did you miss? I thankfully got to see all of my close friends and family this year!
36. Who was the best new person you met? Andrea
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012? Be more laid back.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year? "you and me together could do anything, baby.  you and me together yes, yes.  you and me together we can do anything baby."  
Obviously 2012 was a pretty awesome year. 
Some more highlights:
January:
Mom's visit for Bridal Shows
Finding my wedding dress  

April:
Traveling to Albuquerque to attend my awesome bridal shower thrown by my cousin/matron of honor Kari!  It was truly memorable because of all the little details!
Mary and Grandma Mog's visit.  

May:
Celebrating our 1st Dating Anniversary in San Diego.
Marty, Mary, and Alice's visit.
Completing my second BolderBoulder.  

June:
Taking engagement photos.  

July:
Mom's visit  

August:
Bachelorette Party (visit from Kari and Michelle!)
Going to Seattle with Alice  

September:
Andrea and Ryan's wedding
Bronco game
Chris' birthday  

October:
Got married!
Traveled to Baltimore
Honeymooned in Ocho Rios, Jamaica  

November:
The Election
Traveling to NM for Thanksgiving
Getting our wedding pictures on Thanksgiving Day!  

December:
Traveling to NE for Christmas
Our first Christmas has husband and wife.

I know a lot more happened, but unfortunately I didn't blog as much, so that's all I got.

3 comments:

Emily said...

You were not a fat bride! That made me gasp out loud. Never tell yourself that. You were a BEAUTIFuL bride. Sounds like a great year to me!

Summer said...

WHat were/are your new years resolutions?

Nikki said...

Whew! You were busy, April! I love that there were no funerals, that's a blessing!