Saturday, May 31, 2014

Visitors

Baby Helena as had a busy few weeks!  I can't believe she is already 3 weeks old, and that June 1st is tomorrow!  Chris returned to work on Tuesday, and we are slowly figuring out a routine.  Her first few weeks of life have definitely been eventful.  It's amazing how one little itty bitty human can stir up so much love.  We have had lots of visitors over, including all of her first time grandparents!  Helena definitely has them wrapped around her little and strong finger.
 Helena was calm when I first had my dad hold her, and once she got a little fussy he immediately wanted to hand her off.  But surprisingly by the end of his trip, when she was fussy he wanted to be the one to comfort her.  It's a very special bond that only a grandpa can have with his granddaughter. 

 My mom, of course can't be more in love.  She loves to hold her and spoil her.


 Aunt Alice is amazing with her niece!  She's comforts her better than I do.  During her trip whenever Helena was upset she went to Aunt Alice.  By the end of the trip we were calling her the "Baby Whisperer".
 My mother-in-law is amazing.  Ever since we conceived she always makes sure to tell me a heartfelt "Thank you" when we see each other.  I don't think I deserve any thanks, as I feel so lucky to be given this gift.
 Great-Grandma!  I'm so happy that Helena will be able to get to know her Great-Grandma.
 Lovely ladies: Alice, Helena, and Mary
 My Father-in-law loves his granddaughter.  Helena will definitely go to him whenever she needs a good laugh, or a break from her too serious of a mother!

In addition to all the immediate family Helena has also already met lots of my friends, and my Aunt Deanna, and cousin Cheryl. 
Today she even met some family and friends via FaceTime!
We love having people over, and going out.  She is so loved.

3 comments:

Summer said...

Oh my goodness she is so tiny! My proportions are all off from having a 5-month old. ;) She looks SO much like you and your mom.

Emily said...

A first time grand baby on BOTH sides! So incredible. She is one lucky baby. Also, my sister Alice is also the baby whisperer. I wonder if it's in the name? :) I love that everybody has come to visit. So much love!

How are you feeling?

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful baby! Congratulations!