Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Wedding Wednesday ~ a new series

I have a special announcement! With the wedding a little less than six months away I’ve decided to create a new weekly update: Wedding Wednesday. I’m not too sure if I’ll do this weekly but it’s something I feel is appropriate now that the date is getting closer and closer.

For my first Wedding Wednesday I’m just going to cover some random thoughts and feelings I’ve had.

My bridal shower is on Sunday, and I seriously can’t wait! I know it’s going to be emotional, as it’s kinda weird that a party is being thrown just for me! A HUGE thank you to my matron of honor Kari for throwing me this very special shindig.

I have this horrible habit of picking at my cuticles on my finger nails. It’s gross really. And for the longest time when I used to do this I would tell myself “You know one day if you ever get married you going to have to stop this because you don’t want gross looking fingers on your wedding.” In general I have pretty hands, and nice nails, and ideally I don’t want fake nails on my wedding. So now whenever I go to pick at my cuticles I have to force myself to stop. Needless to say, I’ve been taking very good care of my hands and nails as of late, just so that they can be pretty for the big day!

I’m thinking about using one of those over the counter teeth-whitening things before the wedding. Are they worth it? Any recommendations?

I’ve always envisioned my hair in a pretty romantic up-do for my wedding. For this sole purpose I never got my hair cut short. Who would have thought that the year I cut my hair is the year I meet my future husband? The good news is that my hairdresser says that the length my hair is now is just about perfect for any up-do.

Parts of me are over the planning already. Here are things I really need to get done that I keep putting off:
Call the church and find out when our payment to them is due.
Reserve two more hotel’s with room blocks for out of town guests.
Email the sign language interpreter, find out how much she is and get her booked.
Contact the Chateaux and find out if I can use the fancy new chairs they just got with our package.
Start shopping places for the rehearsal dinner.

One of the most annoying things about this whole wedding process is the amount of advertisements and solicitations. They are all so overwhelming. Especially the phone calls. I got two phone calls last night (after 8:30pm) letting me know Chris and I won something. Shame on me I suppose, because I don’t take these calls seriously, because I think there has to be some sort of “catch”.

I want to do something fun and different for our table numbers. I’m thinking of getting a single helium balloon for each table with the table number written on it. What do you think?

I feel as though we (I) jumped the gun on our wedding invitations. There was a decent sale going on, so I ordered them, and we got them back in March. I really wish I would have waited because they aren’t really what I wanted.

2 comments:

Emily said...

I really hate fake nails, so good for you going natural! I love that look. Also, you DO have pretty hands. I remember.

I think the table with a balloon could be really cute, but it could also make it look a lot more casual. Depends on what you're going for I suppose, but if you're going for a more romantic wedding, I would find a different option. Obviously it's up to you, I think it could be really cute.

Summer said...

Instead of fake I did shellac. It was amazing. Also, since I was 15 I decided I would grow my hair out until I got married so it would be long at my wedding. Funny.
Have fun at the bridal shower!