Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Holiday Survey

Denver Civic Center Building all lit up during the holidays! So pretty.

'Tis the season to be jolly, and tell stories! Here are a few of my holiday stories. Enjoy!


1. wrapping paper or gift bags? wrapping paper, gift bags are too easy.
2. real tree or artificial? artificial. Although, I would love a real tree, the smell, the shape!, but I would be in fear of starting a fire, and plus I also go to NM for Christmas.
3. when do you put up your tree? depends on what is going on. I like to have it up the day after Thanksgiving. This year I put it up the Sunday after Thanksgiving. I'll probably take it down New Year's Day, or the weekend after New Year's.
4. do you like eggnog? No.
5. favorite gift received as a child? My scooter-when I was little I always ruined my own surprise, and always found my gifts. The year I asked for a scooter I looked and looked all round the house for it, and was SO disappointed when I didn't find it. Then on Christmas morning when it was in front of the tree, I was SO excited. I immediately asked my mom where she kept it hidden-it was over at my Aunt Kathleen's the whole time. ...my mom knew I would try and find it!
6. worst christmas gift ever received? It was some sort of video game thing. I remember I really wanted this hand held device for video games, but my dad bought me the newest one to hook up to the TV, and I really didn't want it-I don't remember the name, but I do remember thinking "I don't want this."
7. hardest person to buy for? I would say either my dad or my G0d parents.
8. easiest person to buy for? Either my mom or my friend Michelle, or Kari-I have a lot of easy people!
9. do you have a nativity scene? yes, a couple actually. I have one wooden one that my parents got me somewhere in Europe I believe, and another one of just Mary and Joseph.
10. mail or email christmas cards? mail (that is a shameless hint to everyone reading this blog. if you need my address, just drop me an email(same answer as Emily)). I love getting cards in the mail, and plus the cards are a big part of my Christmas decorations.
11. favorite christmas movie? Love Actually-I think that is the title of it!
12. when do you start christmas shopping? I am crazy when it comes to Christmas shopping. I start Christmas shopping whenever I start traveling. I think the first gift I bought this year was in May while I was in Florida!
13. have you ever recycled a christmas present? yes.
14. favorite thing to eat at christmas? I love breakfast, and I love the Christmas morning breakfast we always have as a family. My mom's pork pie I love.
15. lights on the tree? Of course!
16. favorite christmas song? Oh geesh, I don't know. I'll just go with Silent Night.
17. travel or stay home? Well for the longest time I stayed home, but now that I live in CO, I travel.
18. can you name all of santa's reindeer? probably.
19. angel or star? I would love an angel-but finding a good angel is really hard to find. for the longest time my parents had a beautiful angel made out of white feathers-she was truly heavenly-but I think it was just last year she had to be replaced because majority of her feathers had fallen out. the angels around now i think are really ugly, so i have a star.
20. open presents christmas morning or eve? you know the moment you realize your family is different than everyone elses. this is one of those moments. growing up the big day was(and for the most part, still is) always Christmas Eve. We would have a huge family dinner, everyone would bring ALL of their Christmas presents over and put them under one tree. The tree always looked so cool with SO many presents under it. After dinner we would all open up our presents to each other. My family used to draw names for Christmas which was why we did this. But that tradition stopped a few years ago. Now my parents and I open gifts before we go to Aunt Patti's for Christmas Eve dinner. So I actually open presents on both Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Eve is for gifts from my parents, Day is for gifts from Santa Claus. For the longest time I thought that was how it was for all families. I thought it was so weird when I found out majority of families don't open any gifts on Christmas Eve.
21. favorite ornament theme or color? My theme is no theme. I love all sorts of ornaments. My new thing is getting an ornament from places I've traveled.
22. favorite place for christmas dinner? Wherever all the family is, usually my Aunt Patti's.
23. most annoying thing about this time of year? How it always happens so quickly. I've had majority of my Christmas shopping done for awhile now, but now it is hear, and I still have tons to do. I still have to wrap them, ship them, organize them-see all of what I have etc... And then it is just over.
24. what do you want for christmas this year? I would love to find the man I am going to marry!

1 comment:

Emily said...

We collect ornaments from places we travel too. We've never been anywhere exotic, but it's nice to have a reminder of the places we have been.