Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Grandma Egan's Pork Pie

Something I love is breakfast for dinner. Love it. Growing up my mom always made pork pie around Christmas time. Pork pie is my mom's mom recipe. It is special specifically because I never met my Grandma Egan, she passed away when my mom was just 18.
This was the first time I have made this meal, so the crust part didn't go as planned, but it still is super good. This is a very tasty and easy Christmas morning meal, or anytime meal! Enjoy!
What you need: package of ground pork, milk, stuffing(your choice of flavor), sage, minched onion, pepper, and 2 pie crusts.
Brown the ground pork

Add the seasoning

Add the milk-mix all together

Add the stuffing

Mine dried up a little bit too quick-so I added more milk

Mix

Put entire mixture into a pie crust

Flip the other pie crust on top of the filled pie crust

Take crust out, and line on top of filled pie crust

The finished product

Yummy pork pie, served with over easy eggs
Pork Pie
1 package ground pork
2 t. approx. sage
2 T. approx. minced onion
a dash or two of black ground pepper
2 cups approx. milk
1 package stuffing
2 pie crusts

Brown ground pork, add seasoning, add milk, mix and bring to a simmer. Add stuffing-turn stove off. If mixture doesn't seem moist add more milk, and mix all together. Fill pie crust with mixture, and top with second pie crust.
Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

That looks really tasty! I will have to put those ingredients on my grocery list! Thanks for sharing. :-)

TressaMae said...

Yum!!! I'm definitely going to make that! :)

Nikki said...

Cool! I can taste it through the internet....mmmmmm!

Anonymous said...

Mmmmm

You're making me hungry!!!