Monday, July 2, 2012

week 3: the unexpected

Fireworks from the Rockies game 6/29/12

We're pretty cute @ the Rockies game

I had a super rough week. It was that TMI and my craving for chocolate took over. A co-worker has a not so secret stash of Mini Reese Peanut Butter cups, and well I made a visit Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday of last week! Plus I went to a happy hour on Thursday and a Rockies game on Friday. Once Saturday came I was 100% expecting to see a gain, and be completely frustrated with myself. But somehow the unexpected happened. I lost a pound! 182. Who knows how that happened?!, but I’ll take it. Not where I wanted to be at the end of June, but I’m focused and reenergized. 6 pounds lost about 20 more to go and 13 weeks until I get married. Totally doable. Although this coming week will be another challenging one. My mother arrives on Wednesday for some more wedding festivities and planning. We’ll be out of the house a lot, but I hope with some prep work and planning her visit won’t steer me too badly off course.


Our weekend in general was a low key one. Friday night we did go to the Rockies game. Our first of the season. Got to see some fireworks after the game, which was nice. This is our first 4th of July together since I was in RI last year. And it’s great to spend this holiday with my future husband.

Saturday morning I got up and went to the gym, did some cardio and weights for my back and triceps. My back and arms are definitely focus areas in which I want to tone up for the wedding, and I was sore yesterday and am sore today! It’s a good kind-of pain! We spent the rest of Saturday morning and early afternoon cleaning house. Later that day my friend Sarah and her family came over to go hang out at the pool. Totally wish I would have taken pictures of these cute kids! Ian just turned 2, and Chloe will be 4 in August. We had a great time swimming around and playing.

After the time in the sun we came back home for Chris to grill up some hamburgers and hotdogs. Sarah brought these super good zucchini fries and a fruit salad along with leftover birthday cake, and we had ourselves a pretty yummy meal. It was great to have a family over.

Sunday morning we went to church then came home and worked on our July Wedding To-Do list. Did laundry and grocery shopping.

Happy July!

3 comments:

Emily said...

Congratulations! Sounds like a pretty great start to July to me.

Tammy said...

I saw it last year and thought it was amazing!! Thank you for sharing!!:)

sarahlove said...

Get back on track! I know you can do it! (Although I'm a little late in my commenting.... I am still believing in you!)