Thursday, July 10, 2014

A Day in the Life

I've decided to try and document my days with Helena.  My goal is to do this about once a month.
Here's what we did yesterday July 9, 2014.  All times are approximate.

5:30am - you woke up and fed.  I know I'm extremely lucky as you've only woken up a total of 4 or 5 times in the middle of the night over the past 5 weeks, but when you do wake up in the middle of the night, it just throws me off.  Thankfully you got some food and went right back to sleep.

8:30am - Dad got you as I was pumping, and fed you.

9am - You played in your little gym thing, and got the hiccups!
Happy Baby!

9:30am - You played and talked with Dad while I cooked breakfast.
9:50am - into the swing you go.
10am - sleeping baby
11am - awake, Dad changed you and dressed you for the day.  Then we played with you and you did some tummy time.  You've recently found your vocabulary and started "talking" other than crying and it's the cutest thing.  You definitely "coo" and I love it.  I also read to you.


 11:30am - you ate and then went back into the swing to fall asleep.
1pm - you woke up and ate some more.
1:30pm - You were fussy and we tried to entertain you.
 2pm - Dad left for work.  You went back into the swing and fell asleep.
 4pm - You woke up and I fed you.  We spent some time cuddling, playing, and "talking".
 5:30pm - I put you in the gym thing while I made dinner.  I made ground turkey for a Taco Bake just to find out that the tortilla's I have are all moldy.  So dinner was a big fail.  At this point you were getting fussy, so we drove to Sonic to get dinner.  You fell asleep in the car and stayed asleep long enough for me to eat dinner.
6:30pm - By this time you woke up and were fussy, so it was time to get out of the house for our daily walk.  We love getting out of the house, so our walk is something we always look forward to.
7pm - You hung out in the swing some more and took a little nap.
8pm - We started your bedtime routine.  Got you all swaddled up and fed.  You were asleep by 9pm.
Love a sleeping baby

2:30am - I woke up to pump.
4am - You woke up to eat.  And went right back asleep.
7am - Awake again to eat, and to fall back asleep.

1 comment:

Emily said...

That second-to-last picture of Helena all swaddled up is the SWEETEST! Also, you do not know how lucky you are that you got such a good sleeper. What a little sweetheart she is!