Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Father's Day 2014

Helena has had another eventful week.  On Wednesday my Mom and Aunt Michelle drove up to spend some time with Helena, and to give Chris and I a post-baby date night.  It was a great visit, Helena got to spend some more time with Grandma, meet her Great Aunt Michelle, and give mom and dad the opportunity to reconnect as husband and wife.
She's a beauty
 On Friday we traveled out to the Butterfly Pavilion.  I used my Moby Wrap for the first time, and we did great!  Helena slept the whole time.
Baby-wearing at the Butterfly Pavilion

Butterfly on the diaper bag

My mom enjoying her grandma role!  She looks fantastic as a grandma!
 Saturday night we had a date with some sushi and wine at The Happy Sumo!  My mom drove us and picked us up so we could relax and enjoy the evening!  We had some drinks, great sushi, and some alone adult time.  We were there for three hours, and just enjoyed ourselves.  We talked about how our lives have changed, and how we've changed since Helena has rocked our world.  It was a great time!
Yummy sushi!, sushi was missed over the past 10+ months.


Great Aunt Michelle


At home from date night
 On Sunday we had a low key time celebrating Chris' first Father's Day.  My mom and Aunt Michelle left in the morning, and the rest of the day we just hung out as a family of three.
Seeing Chris with his little girl is such a blessing.  I love seeing him as a father and comforting his daughter. 
A good dad

1 comment:

Emily said...

That is so sweet of your mom to come up! I imagine she can't get up there enough! Happy Father's day to Chris!