Tuesday, February 26, 2013

the weekend

Chris and I had our first "normal" weekend where nothing move related really had to be done.  I think it's safe to say we are officially moved in!  We're pretty organized and have mostly everything hung up on the walls.  We still have some home maintenance items to cover, but we are definitely feeling settled.  I love our kitchen.  Chris added knobs to the kitchen cabinets (and bathroom cabinets) that immediately makes it look more put together and nicer.  We have a newer dishwasher, that works like crap that we'll hopefully get replaced in the next two months, so that's unfortunate, but comes along with getting to know a new house.  I hope to take pictures and share them with you soon.
On Friday night Chris and I had a dinner and movie date night.  Since Christmastime we've tried to go see Les Miserables three different times.  Each time unsuccessfully for whatever reason.  Last time we tried it was because the movie theater was no longer playing it, I was super upset, because I specifically wanted to see this movie on the big screen.  So thankful for Chris, as he did some homework and found a theater in Denver where it was still playing.  We started the night at Big Easy Creole Kitchen in Cherry Creek.  Super good New Orleans style food.  We had great service, and great food.  The atmosphere is nice, and we will definitely be going back.
Les Mis.  I first heard of this movie in HS.  When I was a Junior and going to London over spring break, we got tickets to go see this show.  My first thought was "what's the big deal?".  Back then I didn't really get it.  But I played along because all of my drama friends were thrilled.  Once we arrived at the show our seats were so high up we couldn't even see the very front of the stage.  I remember loving the singing and that they had a rotating stage.  But after the show, I still had a sense that was I was missing something.  Since then I've seen the show 2 or 3 times on stage (the last time was an amazing HS production!) and was really looking forward to seeing the movie, knowing it would provide more details. 
I loved it.  And now I want to see the show again and take Chris.  I wish I had more to say, but I don't think I could do the movie any justice.
Saturday we had a early morning, taking the cats to get their shots, and checked up on.  Otis isn't adjusting well to the new house (pooping about once a week, right in the living room).  This is a problem in our house.  We have brand new carpet (installed in November) and I really don't want cat stains ruining our new house.  This is super tuff on me, and I just hope the pooping spells are done with.
I met my friend Sarah for lunch at Little Anita's.  I love my time with her.  It had been a super long time since we had gotten together, and I'm so glad that we did.
We did some errands, and got some curtains for the bedroom.  Then our friends Andrea and Ryan came over to check out the new house, before we headed out to dinner, for the first night of Denver Restaurant Week.  ...it's almost my favorite time of year.  We went to Ghost Plate and Tap.  This restaurant wasn't prepared for Denver Restaurant week.  Poor management all around.  The food and drink were decent, but the timing was horrible.  We got our first and second courses right away, waiting a good 20+ minutes for our entree, then dessert came immediately.  Had to keep asking for more water and drinks, and when our main course was waiting for so long the kitchen was so disorganized that they brought out our first and second courses AGAIN!  By the time dessert did come one of the desserts was out, and so another selection had to be made.  For whatever reason, the restaurant just didn't prepare for what was obviously going to be a busy night.  Needless to say, I would go back, but not for dinner.  They had some pretty awesome happy hour cocktails and appetizers, so if I were to go back that's what I would go for. 
Sunday was a snow day!  We got about 6 inches, so we left the house early to go grocery shopping for the week, and stayed in the rest of the day.  Chris was the amazing husband he is, and cleared the driveway a couple of times, along with going out to get the snow off of the satellite dish.  We played some cribbage (our new game of choice) and watched some TV with New Mexico Cheeseburgers cooking in the crock pot!
I had a great weekend with some quality people, and quality time well spent.
How was your weekend?

No comments: