Sunday, September 11, 2016

Bennett at 4 months



 I'm a couple of weeks behind on posting Bennett's 4 months stats because his appointment wasn't until last week.  At his sister's 2 year visit back in May the doctor was concerned with her growth and wanted her to come back 4 months later, so we just had back to back appointments for both kiddos.

Here are some highlights from Bennett's last month.
He's 16 pounds 7 oz (62%) and 26 inches (73%).  Last weekend while we were in Carlsbad I was asked if he was 8 months old.  I think he looks bigger than what he actually is.
He's rolling over, but still hates to be on his tummy.  He rolled from back to tummy on 8/23, and rolled from tummy to back on Thursday 9/8.
He loves his big sister, and she makes him laugh like no other.  The other night at dinner she had him cracking it up, and I'm absolutely loving seeing this sibling relationship grow.
Bennett has pretty much put himself on a schedule, much to my surprise.  His nap times and length changes day to day, but he definitely has a morning nap and an afternoon nap.  The morning nap is usually short- around 30 to 45 minutes, and the afternoon one usually a couple of hours.  And thankfully as of right now, the afternoon one is around the same time as Helena's.  It definitely fluctuates, but that is the average.  On a good night he'll sleep from about 8:30pm - 8am.  But lately he's been getting up between 4am and 5am for a bottle, then he's usually up again for the day in the 7 o'clock hour.
Overall he's such a happy baby.  Just like Helena he'll play, talk, and hang out by himself in his crib in the mornings, just waiting for me.  Once he sees me peak over his crib he gets the biggest smile.  Not too sure how I got to be lucky enough to have both my kids be such happy babies, but I feel truly blessed because of it.
The only time he gets really really upset and just cries and cries is when he is tired.  There are times when he just fights sleep like no other.  And it's just gut-wrenching.  There will be days that go by when he doesn't do this, but then there will be back to back to back days where he just screams before nap time or bed time or both.  I'm just thankful it isn't every single time, and I'm thankful that this really is the only time he cries.
He's in 6 month clothes, and size 2 diapers.  He has some horrible dry spots on his legs and he loves his bath.  He is showing no interest in food, so he just on his milk diet.
I love him so much and I'm so incredibly happy to be his mom.

photo courtesy of Blanca's  Photos
I wanted to highlight this picture.  At the beginning of August we drove to El Paso to get some mommy and me pictures that a photographer was doing for free.  I wanted to do this just to have some pictures of my kids and I.  Since I'm usually the one taking the pictures I'm hardly in them.  It was a fun experience.

No comments: