Monday, March 16, 2015

A Day in the Life - 3.16.15

I've been meaning to do a "day in the life" post for forever.  I always do good at the beginning of the day but then I just forget.  And I'm always waiting for a "normal" day.  Well I don't know why I would ever expect a normal day to happen.  Even though I didn't take any more pictures of our day past 3pm, I still want to remember today.
I took today off, as I had no one to watch Helena.  We slept in, and it felt great!  At 8am I finally got up and took a shower, but the time I was out Helena was ready to start her day.
 I have my moments when I miss nursing Helena.  I usually try and make her feeding time calming.  I let this time be time where I can focus on her.  I usually just stare at her and just memorize her face and features.  She usually pulls on my hair, picks my nose, puts her fingers in my mouth, or stabs my eyes.  It's a good time, and I enjoy it. 
After her bottle I make her some cereal with mashed blueberries.   I don't know what it is but within the past 24-48 hours or so she doesn't want to be fed.  She wants to feed herself.  So majority of the cereal went to waste.  Sad face.
 At 9:50am we left to go check out another daycare. 
 We've arrived.
 After the daycare we went to Grease Monkey to get the oil changed in the car.  Helena crawled around and got horribly dirty.  After waiting for awhile I decided to take a little walk outside.  Once we left Helena immediately fell asleep in the car, once we were almost home I got a call from Grease Monkey to bring the car back as they forgot to "flush it out" whatever that means.  Turned around and went back.
Once we got home Helena woke up.  I fed her another bottle in hopes that would put her back to sleep.  No dice, I'm not surprised.  Heard from Andrea and was asked to go to Chiptole for lunch.  SOLD!
Met Andrea and Grayson for lunch.  Helena had some pinto beans, black beans, and blueberries.
After lunch we headed to the Broomfield Rec Center.  I'm so glad I was introduced to this place by my friend Aundra!  Grayson and Helena had the whole place to themselves the majority of the time!  They had a blast!  Helena went down a slide and tried super hard to climb up the big tube slide!  I'm learning my little daughter is fearless!



After crawling around and playing for an hour we called it a day.  She fell asleep immediately in the car, and woke back up once we got home.  I knew she was exhausted so I tried to rock her when we got home.  No such luck.  She got another bottle and some food.  She was over playing with my shoes when I heard this huge fart then another vibration...a blow out.  Which she hasn't had for sometime, and it really wasn't that bad.  But a change of clothes was necessary.  After that she was getting cranky, so I tried to rock to sleep again.  Again, no such luck.  But it was some good cuddle time.  She sorta just laid on me and whined.  After she calmed down I needed to start dinner.
She thankfully played with herself with her toys in the living room while I prepped dinner.  I was really impressed by this as she usually likes to come over and be in the kitchen with me, or getting in the cat food, or getting in the water for the cats, or playing in corner by the fireplace, or the bookshelf.  But she actually played where I could see her with her own toys.
At around 6:30pm Chris came home, and dinner was just going in the oven.  Chris took Helena to change while I cleaned up the kitchen.  Once dinner was ready we ate, Helena again refused to be fed.  So she fed herself some chicken and green beans.  After dinner we cleaned up and read some of the "Good Night Bible".  Chris started her bath, while Helena came with me to take off my make-up.  Chris gave Helena's bath while I did some work, and now Helena is asleep.
It was a great day.      

1 comment:

Emily said...

She seems like such a good baby! Lucky duck. One thing that worked for me when they want to feed themselves is to give them a spoon to hold but still use a spoon yourself to feed her. It might work, it might not, but at the least it keeps them happy and busy.

that rec center looks so fun! We had a place like that in the mall in UT and I used to go there several times a week during the winter to let the kids play. I wish we had something like that here.