Tuesday, February 16, 2016

in-laws come to Alamogordo




My in-laws traveled to see us over this past weekend, and it was great to see them.  I truly appreciate them making the trek to Alamogordo, as traveling to a small town from a small town isn't easy.  They had to drive 4 and half hours to Wichita, KS, fly Wichita to Dallas, then Dallas into El Paso.  Helena and I drove to El Paso on Thursday to pick them up at the airport.
We had a great visit, and the big highlight was going to White Sands.  Helena had a lot of fun playing in the sand and everyone else loved the beautiful scenery.  We bought a sled to go sledding, although I was happy just sitting down in the sand.  Helena was pretty clingy this trip, mainly due to teething, I think.  She got a pretty bad runny nose...it's now a lingering cough.  She wouldn't really leave my side while playing with her new sand toys.  She did however go for a walk with Grandpa and Grandma Sweat.  She also screamed when we put her on the sled.  Overall, it was a lot of fun.
Grandpa and Grandma also got her a swing for the backyard, and a lawnmower that blows bubbles!  They cleaned up our backyard (which I'm extremely thankful for) and put together a storage unit for baby Boy Sweat's room.  It was a really nice trip!

No comments: