Sunday, September 20, 2015

Labor Day Weekend

Riding a pony that used to be Auntie Alice's
 Considering I'm unemployed I really have no excuse except for laziness in regards to my lack of blogging.  So let's hope I can step it up. 
Here's a recap of our trip to Kearney, NE over Labor Day.
Prior to finding out I would be unemployed at the beginning of the month we had discussed a Labor Day trip to Nebraska to visit Chris' parents and sister.  We didn't really make any plans and then once we found out I was getting laid off we completely dismissed the idea altogether.  Then the night before deciding to go I mentioned it.  And well we decided last minute that a change of scenery would do us some good.  So we called his parents at around 8 at night (9 there time) to let them know we would be showing up the next day. 
We packed up and hit the road around Helena's nap time.  She instantly fell asleep and stayed that way for about 3 hours!  We stopped with just 2 hours left and had some lunch, she really didn't want to get back in the car seat, and the last two hours were a little rough, but over all she did an awesome job!
I love the simplicity of going to visit my in-laws.  I know I've stated it before, but no TV, just hanging out and visiting, playing games etc...  They have a big beautiful backyard that the living room looks out onto, and it's just so peaceful.  Helena LOVED being outside and the friendliness of the pets.
Helena did really well with the new atmosphere!  She even slept in Alice's old crib.  She enjoyed going up and down (and up and down and up and down) the stairs in Grandma and Grandpa's house! 
She even had her very own ice cream cone (the end of one that Grandma had eaten) and she loved it!
I loved it because Helena was well taken care of and I was able to lay back and relax!  It truly was a vacation.
Helping Grandma water the plants

She's a good helper!

The highlight of the trip: Giving kisses!!!!

Mom got to relax!

She loves her Auntie Alice!

And of course ice cream!

Picking tomatos with Grandma.  (notice she has one in each hand, and one in her mouth!)

Grandpa got in on the kisses too!!!

Three beautiful ladies!: Great-Grandma, Grandma, and Helena
On our way back Chris gave me a tour of this childhood.  The first stop was in Lexington which was were Chris graduated High School.  Then to Gothenburg which was where Chris was born.  Lastly was Brady where Chris went to elementary school and lived on a ranch.  It was a fun little tour!

No comments: