Thursday, June 11, 2015

the storm

Remember back in March when I wrote about a change coming?  How I could sense something was going to happen?  Well like the anticipation of most storms, a change did come along with a huge unexpected turn of events. 
I don’t mean to be vague but in an effort to keep things professional I can’t go into all of the details publicly on the blog.  If you are curious about the details, please contact me privately.  But what I can say and am super proud of is as of the end of April I was officially promoted to a Marketing Analyst!  The raise wasn’t as much as I wanted (when is it ever?) but I am super excited about my new role.  What I am most thrilled about is that this title change takes away the “admin” stereotype I’ve been carrying with me for the past 5 years.  This will broaden any potential career movement in my future and will look good on my resume when/if I ever get to take a break from work to be a stay at home mom.  I was pleasantly surprised by how quickly it fell into place as I knew a change was in the works, but to have it actually happen so fast was a breath of fresh air, and one I’m so thankful for. 
Unfortunately the good news came with some bad news.  When I returned from Florida I got the news that Chris lost his job.  So he is currently looking for a new job.  In my perfect world he would find a job close to home and would pay enough for me to stay at home.  He recently had a great opportunity, but that would have taken us to Scottsbluff, Nebraska.  We actually traveled there over the weekend so he could have a face to face interview and for us to check out the town.  The trip was good but we faced a bunch of “what-if” type of conversations.  The job and move would have allowed me to stay at home with Helena, but we would have had to sell a house that I love and move to a super rural community.  The largest nearby town is Denver, which is 3 hours away.  A few days ago he found out the job was offered to someone else.  In my gut, I know that had he been offered the job he would have accepted and we would have moved.  And everything would have been ok.  But as I’ve prayed about Chris finding a job and this opportunity in particular I knew that if the job wasn’t offered, that was God’s way of saying it wasn’t meant to be.  So, it wasn’t meant to be.  So I will continue my prayers that he’ll find something close to home and could give me the opportunity to be a stay at home mom. 
I’m still working at my Younique business, and that money is covering some of our monthly expenses.  If you haven’t tried the 3D Fiber Lash mascara yet, let me know and I’ll hook you up (It's sorta life changing!)!
I think that life is one big storm.  Things are usually more stormy than calm, but that’s living life.  I do what I gotta do for me and my family.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Selfishly, I am relieved. "God has a plan". I pray that all will unfold.
Congratulations to you April.
Chris will find his way, I pray passion comes to light.

Lots of love and prayers,

MOM

Emily said...

Gosh there is nothing more stressful than losing a job. I'm so excited for you to have that promotion though, that must have been such an exciting thing for you. Congratulations! I'm sure it will all work out, and I really appreciated your message to me about being a stay at home mom. I hope it works out for you!