Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas Letter II

for the second time i have written a Christmas letter. it's a little overwhelming when i think about my life last year, and my life this year.
I realize I have lots more to still catch up. And I promise I have a plan to do so.
Patience my readers, patience!
Chris and I are in Albuquerque. We drove down yesterday. This is the first year since I've lived in Denver that I drove, which was mainly to save on cost, and because I had someone with me in case of bad weather. The weather was clear the whole way, but we did experience icy and snow packed roads south of Pueblo and north of Trinidad. We were down to 30 to 40 MPH for a while. I'm so not a fan of driving on roads like that. But we made it, and I'm happy.
Here is my Christmas letter 2011. Enjoy!
********************************************

2011

The year someone changed my life.

Dear Loved Ones,

I hope the year 2011 has brought you many blessings and happy memories. Like last year’s letter to you, I bring to you some more good fortune and love in my life for the year twentyeleven. Also like last year’s letter I bring to you some more change in my world.

This year will not be one for me to forget. I started out with a huge birthday celebration in downtown Denver with 30+ of my friends, enjoying the night and dancing! The following weekend the same group of friends went up to Breckenridge for the Annual Ice Carving Festival, to which my friend Michelle joined me for.

I successfully transitioned with my job from Qwest to CenturyLink. And although my job title is the same, I am newly challenged and have new job responsibilities.

Over Memorial Day weekend I competed in my first ever 10k race in Boulder, called the BolderBoulder. My personal goal was to finish in 85 minutes and was proud when I crossed the finish line under 79 minutes!

If you’ve followed me on my journey (as I document most of it on my blog: www.bluesoulam.blogspot.com) you know that I’ve spent the past couple of years changing. Physically, emotionally, and mentally. But for me, one piece was always missing. That special someone. I spent the spring months dating, putting myself out there. Searching for the One.

In May I met Chris. It’s hard for me to find the words of this new journey of love that Chris and I are on. Nothing seems to do it justice. Even though I’m so happy, and he makes me laugh so much, and we have so much fun together…none of those things seem good enough to describe this experience.

We had an amazing summer! He traveled with me to Guernsey, WY for a camping trip. He competed with me in a race called the Warrior Dash in Copper Mountain with my friends. We went to Rockies games, and had many date nights.

We have traveled to his hometown of Kearney, NE, Albuquerque, NM, Branson, MO, and Horse Shoe Bend, AR.

We have fallen in love! And last month he proposed, and the next chapter of my life has begun! I’m looking forward to what the New Year will bring (a wedding!!!). I continue to be active and healthy, and now love is in the mix! I am truly so so blessed, and so so happy.

I hope the New Year creates happiness and wellness for you and yours! I wish you all a very Blessed and Joyous Christmas and very Merry 2012!

Warm Wishes and Cheers,

April

elliptical 45min/back

4 comments:

Tammy said...

I loved the letter!!:) I'm sooo happy for you! I wish you nothing but the best for 2012!!

Anonymous said...

There are no words to express our happiness and joy in your wonderous journey through life up to this point. And we look forword to many more memories and milestones.

Love ya til it helps,

Mom and Dad

sarahlove said...

Your letter is great! You have come so far and you are simply AWESOME.

The best way to get to know someone is on a road trip, for sure. With all your traveling together I am sure that you guys have talked about so many topics!

Your moms comment is so sweet!

Emily said...

I loved your letter too. Very well written and SO exciting to read about it all over again. Glad you drove safely, and so sorry we didn't make it to Albuquerque AGAIN. These darn kids really mess up my schedule. :)