Wednesday, August 27, 2008

DNC


I often question why I live in Denver. And this week made me realize one of the reasons. Things happen here-Historical things. I love being apart of things, even though I'm not really apart of them. But the fact that I live in Denver makes me apart of SO many things, without really being apart of them. I've seen record snow storms, days of consecutive snow on the ground, days of consecutive 90 degree heat, Professional football, Professional Hockey, Professional Basketball, Professional Baseball. All of which I have seen. I have seen the World Series and now today I have seen the creation of the Democratic National Convention and the official nomination of the first ever African American Presidential nomination of Barack Obama. It is amazing. That all of this going on about 20 miles away from my house. Ben Affleck is even in town! I work downtown-where all of this is happening. But am working from home-Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, because of the events. But even going downtown on Saturday to meet a girlfriend for lunch, and going to work on Monday you could tell the sense of urgency. Police officers just about on every corner. Being apart of all of these major events makes me feels so proud to live in Denver. Even better for me because I support Barack. I think he will be a very positive change for the United States of America. It is all so excited. Seeing all eyes on Denver is amazing. Seeing the Pepsi Center on TV, thinking "I've been there!". Tomorrow night seeing Invesco Field-thinking "I've been there too!" It is great to be apart of the big picture!

1 comment:

Nikki said...

No kidding, that is pretty cool. I've been watching it on tv and I can't help but remember seeing Cher at the Pepsi Center...the DNC probably has less cross-dressers.