Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Book Review II

I recently finished "Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal" by Christopher Moore. It is a great book and I highly recommend it. I got this recommendation from my Mother. And well, my Mother and I have completely different tastes in just about everything. Mainly because I have good taste! ...Sorry Mom! (It's ok, she knows I love her.) So when my Mom was describing this book to me, I thought I'll read it just to make her happy, because I could tell she really wanted me to read this book. So on my parents annual summer trip to Denver, my mother bought me this book-the Special Edition version-with Gold trimmed pages, fancy leather cover, and with a red ribbon book mark-which is what makes this book look like a Bible. Needless to say, when I finished this book I was pleasantly surprised. It is very funny. I think regardless of what religion you belong to, practicing or not, if you Believe or not, how well you know the story of Bible or not, you'll enjoy this book. For me, it made me more curious about the Bible. The book is a fictional story of Christ during his childhood, teen, and young adult years. Up to the time he was crucified. Basically, what is in this book, is not in the Bible. The story is told by Biff-his childhood friend, his best friend. For example, you learn that what once was the "Divine Spark" is now the Holy Ghost. The book takes you on a journey of Christ meeting the Three Wise Men, and how it is that Christ learned all of the skills He has. He even has Biff do a lot of sinning for him, just so Biff can explain it to Christ. And Biff is a GREAT sinner! It is a very funny book, and has some modern twists told in today's time. Check it out, I think you will enjoy it.

No comments: