Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Pregnancy Weeks 15 - 26

baby BOY!  12/9/15 20w3d

profile 12/9/15 20w3d

beautiful face 1/7/16 24w4d

profile 1/21/16 26w4d

3D image of spine 1/21/16 26w4d

I'm not doing as good as keeping track, but I guess that's what happens with baby number two.  
Week 15: 11/1 - 11/7 (apple)
Moving week.  Got into Alamogordo Monday 11/2, did a TON of unpacking over the week.  Definitely feel like I over did it.  I hope baby is ok.

Week 16: 11/8 - 11/14 (avocado)
I feel like I might have felt some movement at the beginning of the week which was super exciting.  Drove to ABQ for some family festivies on 11/12, for the weekend.

Week 17: 11/15 - 11/21 (turnip)
Met with the new OB this week.  Again relieved when babies heartbeat was a strong 157.  Doctor seems ok, and is supportive of my vbac, but advised that they will not induce me.  It's either go into labor naturally or have a C-section. 

Week 18: 11/22 - 11/28 (bell pepper)
Thanksgiving week.  Had a 3-hour glucose test at the doctors.  This was different since I never did this test with my previous pregnancy.  Got the results that I passed "with flying colors".  This should make me happy, but it makes me cautious of how this doctors office does things.  So now my pregnancy is considered "normal" with no high risk factors, so I'll be going for the "normal" one hour glucose test at around 25/26 weeks.  I wish I could go get a second opinion but there is only one OB in town. 
In other news, I've been feeling baby move.  Not very consistent, but I definitely feel this little baby.

Week 19: 11/29 - 12/5 (heirloom tomato)
I feel like I've been an emotional wreck this week. 

Week 20: 12/6 - 12/12 (banana)
Had the big ultrasound on Wednesday, we are having a BOY!  I'm still in shock.  Shock because we actually know the sex, and shock because baby is a BOY!  Everything else looked great.  Strong heart and heartrate at 158, good looking brain, SO much movement.  This office even does a 3D ultrasound of the face!  We got to see perfect little lips, nose, and chin.  Helena went to a new friends house, and Chris was there, it felt great to focus on this little baby and nothing else!  The u/s tech couldn't get a good look at the spin, so I'll go back for another u/s on 1/7!  Baby is measuring at a big 14oz (normal 20w is 10.5oz), he's also measuring at 21w and in the 78% percentile.  Helena is going to have a baby brother!

Week 21: 12/13 - 12/19 (carrot)
I'm super anxious this week.  When I wake up at night to use the restroom I can't shut my mind off to go back to sleep because I'm having thoughts of having two kids, and questioning how I'm going to do it.  I know I'll be fine, but I'm still anxious about it.  I've been feeling baby kick more and more and it's such a comfort for me.

Week 22: 12/20 - 12/26 (spaghetti squash)
This baby is so different.  Unlike Helena this baby doesn't move as much, and I'm trying not to be too worried.  When this far along with Helena I was able to see her move, not this baby.  I can still feel this baby, but he is not consistent.  Helena was extremely consistent.  I pray everything is ok.

Week 23: 12/27 - 1/2/16  (large mango)

Week 24: 1/3 - 1/9 (ear of corn)
Had another ultrasound and got a much clearer 3D view of baby boys face.  Baby boy measured 1lb 10 oz, but still wouldn't show his spin, so we'll go for round 3 in 2 weeks.  He's adorable!  My mom came and I read the consent form I would need to sign in order to attempt a VBAC at this hospital.  It (of course) is super scary, and like my previous pregnancy I have a lot of praying to do in regards to how this baby boy is going to be brought into the world.  

Week 25: 1/10 - 1/16 (rutabaga)
Felt hiccups this week!  And some pretty strong ninja kicks which was fun for me since his movements previously haven't really been that strong.

Week 26: 1/17 - 1/23 (green onion)
Back for another ultrasound this week and baby was in the perfect position (finally) to measure his complete spin.  And we officially have the full report of a happy and healthy baby!  I feel so blessed!  Little man is 2 lbs 4 oz with a heartrate of 156!  I love seeing his heart and movements!

No comments: